Valkyrie Costume Set is out sort of

Started by 77, January 08, 2009, 01:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

You are now able to purchase the Mac Special edition from the NCSoft store and apply it to your current account.
The cost is $19.99 and includes a free month.

If you wait the 2 months for the bonus pack it'll cost $9.99 so it's really cheaper to go ahead and get the Mac edition.

I have it already added to my account and the wings look great!

Here is the link to the official forum post:
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=12899051

and the Paragonwiki info:
http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Mac_Special_Edition

now hurry up Mikey I'm waiting for yay:P

Kommando

Cha-ching...  The free month thing rally sold me.

MJB

I picked this up last nite. The costume pieces are awesome, the mish teleporter is practically useless (2 hour timer :() but the "free" month included in the Mac special sold me.

-MJB

Kommando

Not totally useless, the mish teleporter works across zones.  Just save it for when you really have to be somewhere fast.

Midnight

BlueBard

Actually I'm more interested in the mission teleporter.  With that, along with Base Teleport, WW Teleport, Pocket D VIP Teleport, and Ouroboros Portal in combination with a Raptor pack and Zero-G pack, you'd hardly need a travel power at all.  It would fit those occasions where the more specialized teleport powers don't cut it.

Not that I'm going to pay $10 or more for just that.

How does that power work, exactly?
STO/CO: @bluegeek

electro

Been waiting on a male kilt/skirt like that  http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=12899051 - The other costume peices look cool too but won't fit any toon i've made so far but, the free month is more than Awesome :blink:

Quote from: BlueBard on January 09, 2009, 03:18:04 AM
Actually I'm more interested in the mission teleporter.  With that, along with Base Teleport, WW Teleport, Pocket D VIP Teleport, and Ouroboros Portal in combination with a Raptor pack and Zero-G pack, you'd hardly need a travel power at all.  It would fit those occasions where the more specialized teleport powers don't cut it.

It falls under Inherent powers, Has a 2 hour cool down, and works across zones. The Mac edition is selling for 19.99 usd, included is the mission teleport, costume bits, and a free month. the same pack will be released in 2 months BUT no free month, just as an item pack like the wedding or cyborg packs for 9.99 usd. Power works like this, click and you start the same animation as the pocket d or base teleport, then poof screen loading screen as you load into new zone directly next to the mission entrance.

Quote from: electro on January 09, 2009, 03:34:46 AM
Been waiting on a male kilt/skirt like that  http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=12899051 - The other costume peices look cool too but won't fit any toon i've made so far but, the free month is more than Awesome :blink:

It fits my toon perfect, the gloves, boots, shoulders, and belt have a generic non winged version that could fit in almost anywhere.

MJB

This is the first "Pay for" costume set that can be used for anything. There are generic pieces for most of the set. Those who want the pieces because you are alt-aholics purchase this ASAP.

-MJB

Figure Fan

What do the other costume pieces look like?

MJB

There are threads dedicated to this on the official boards.

Long story short (without the pictures), There are multiple options for the helmet, 3 options for the shoulders, 2 options for the chest, 3 options for the gloves, 2 options for the belt, 2 options for the skirt, 2 options for the boots, 3 options for the cape and 2 options for the wings.

There you go. The long and short of it...

-MJB

Ephemeris

BlueBard

Quote from: 77 on January 09, 2009, 06:49:48 AM
Quote from: BlueBard on January 09, 2009, 03:18:04 AM

It falls under Inherent powers, Has a 2 hour cool down, and works across zones. The Mac edition is selling for 19.99 usd, included is the mission teleport, costume bits, and a free month. the same pack will be released in 2 months BUT no free month, just as an item pack like the wedding or cyborg packs for 9.99 usd. Power works like this, click and you start the same animation as the pocket d or base teleport, then poof screen loading screen as you load into new zone directly next to the mission entrance.

I was actually wondering about how to select the mission you teleport to... I assume this means that you have to 'Select Task' in order to fire off the power.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

AncientSpirit

77, I'm also more interested in the mission transporter but have three questions:

1) Does the purchase give all your characters this ability?  (Including ones that you create after buying the pack?)
2) Is this a one-time purchase?
3) Do powers like Hasten bring down the two hour cool-off period?

Thanks.

AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

Quote from: BlueBard on January 09, 2009, 05:21:33 PM

I was actually wondering about how to select the mission you teleport to... I assume this means that you have to 'Select Task' in order to fire off the power.

Yep that's how it works, I personally have only used twice, old habits are hard to break.

Quote from: AncientSpirit on January 09, 2009, 05:42:10 PM
77, I'm also more interested in the mission transporter but have three questions:

1) Does the purchase give all your characters this ability?  (Including ones that you create after buying the pack?)
2) Is this a one-time purchase?

Thanks.

1 Yes all toons across the account get the power.
2 yes one time purchase.
3 no idea  :unsure:

MJB

Quote from: AncientSpirit on January 09, 2009, 05:42:10 PM

According to the official boards, no. :(

-MJB

DrMike2000

I've heard a rumour (of the Defender boards) that the mission teleport power can gain you access into zones above your level.
e.g. Your level 17 could sidekick up to a level 40 who then takes a mission in the Rikti War Zone, and you can get in there to the mission door.

I havent confirmed this myself, since I'm not buying the Mac pack, but it could be handy for anyone who, say, wants a particular exploration badge for a lowbie character, but doesnt want to wait until level 35 to get it.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Confirmed me and Eppy got a lvl 13 into RWZ.