News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Looking for Joe Fixit issues

Started by captmorgan72, January 04, 2009, 05:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmorgan72

I recently became interested in this Hulk incarnation. I never read any Hulk issues with this version of the Hulk and want to now. I like the idea of Joe Fixit, this is what Stan Lee had in mind when he created Hulk. A Hyde type character. From what I understand, Joe Fixit has a base level strength of 75 tons but does have the healing factor and rage induced strength boosting factor although it's slower than the savage hulk's. He has decent intelligence and is very crafty. I think of him as a more powerful version of Thing.

An opponent with a baseline strength level of 75 tons that only goes up as the fight goes on, with a a powerful healing factor, decent intelligence and high invulnerability makes for a very powerful foe! Joe Fixit should be able to take on and defeat most in the marvel universe. What issues or series was he in?

thanoson

According to the Marvel Super Heroes RPG, he had a base strength of 50 tons which shot up from rage. He fought Spikey Thing who was raised to 100 tons strength lvl but still won because he was smarter.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

thalaw2

Quote from: thanoson on January 04, 2009, 09:27:02 AM
According to the Marvel Super Heroes RPG, he had a base strength of 50 tons which shot up from rage. He fought Spikey Thing who was raised to 100 tons strength lvl but still won because he was smarter.

I think the first time around he got saved by an android green hulk as Ben was about to deliver the knockout blow.  Then after that he just out smarted Ben. 

I probably have every issue Peter David wrote featuring the Grey Hulk...I know it doesn't help much since I'm thousands of miles away from my comic collection.....if memory serves you can find Joe in mid 200's to 400's of Incredible Hulk.  My personal fav Joe story was when he took on Punisher, great story with great art (Dale Keown).   In fact my favorite Hulk team is David/Keown.
革命不会被电视转播

detourne_me

He was also in quite a few issues of Marvel Comics Presents,  I think usually as a back-up to the Wolverine stories... umm maybe from #'s 20-70  he had a few arcs in those issues as a vegas bodyguard

thanoson

Yeah, I think he drowned Ben?  Also, I think you're looking between issues 324-377.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

captmorgan72

Thanks guys for the info. Yeah, I'm really liking Joe Fixit. To bad they don't bring him back.

Previsionary

hrm, he HAS been brought back...for one whole issue...by Loeb...for no particular reason. :P
Disappear when you least expe--

captmorgan72

I am not counting that. That was ridiculous. 

thalaw2

He's one of the many personalities inside Bruce Banner....so he'll be back and hopefully under a good writer.
革命不会被电视转播

herodad1

theyre first fight was in an issue of fantastic four.the thing knocked him out.the second battle he out smarted ben and won.

The Hitman

I have an old issue of Wolverine when he was undercover as "Patch" in Madropoor, and Fixit showed up. Decent action, and it was actually a really funny issue!