News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

EZScript Comics Vol. 2

Started by BentonGrey, December 31, 2008, 01:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Bizarre!  It didn't do that when I tested it before compiling the captions, but maybe I just got lucky.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BentonGrey

Howdy guys!  I've got a quick (and hopefully simple) question for you.  I'm working on a level where Aquaman storms an island held by mercenaries.  The idea is to have a few different encounters, as well as roving patrols.  What I'd like to know, is how can I set up a squad of soldiers so that they patrol the island?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

M25

An add-on for handling patrols is in the works.

BentonGrey

M, you are undoubtedly, unequivocally, the man. :D
God Bless

BentonGrey

Okay, I'm trying to work out how to do something, and I could use a little advice.  So, I've got the first Aquaman mission, where Aquaman is taking out teams of gunmen in various kinds of encounters until the boss shows up.  When he shows up, I want a nice, epic fight, followed by a cutscene in which an ally talks to our hero, telling him the place is wired to blow.  At this point, I want a race to the shore, while the villain is revived and attacks again.  What I'm doing at the moment is a custom encoutner in which the ally is incapacitated until you remove the villains, and the villain can be interrogated.  That should be fine, but how can I go about reviving this villain for the next encounter?  The only thing I can think to do is just spawn him again, and wait until the body of the first one is likely to have disappeared with the screen blacked out.  I remembered that naming trick M advised for the JLA mission with the turrets, but I'm not sure how to apply it.
God Bless

M25

You can use the same character in multiple encounters by giving them a name.

Encounter: One
Villains: my_villain named bob

Then you can use bob in a second encounter by specifying the name again

Encounter: Two
Villains: my_villain named bob

And you can revive bob in a cutscene

Alert Cutscene:
bob is revived

BentonGrey

That's what I thought, M.  Thanks for clarifying!

:EDIT: So, the EZScript editor is awesome, and it kept me from making any of the piddly little errors that normally plague me, but I do seem to have a problem with a custom encounter.

Pertinent area of the script.log
Spoiler
ERROR: The encounter DoEncCustom does not exist or is broken.  You may need to download the appropriate plug-in, or check script.log for errors.
ff.DoEncCustom(7,villains = [['bob', 'marine_marauder']], minions = ['terror_marine'], cutscenes = [['alertcs', [['priority', 1], ['required', 'bob'], ['cutscene', 'CS_Start()', "CS_CinematicCamera('bob')", 'CS_Speak(\'bob\', "What in the world is going on up here? Report! If I don\'t get some answers, I\'ll skin each and every one of you alive!", force=0)', 'CS_End()']]], ['startcs', [['priority', 1], ['required', 'aquaman_young', 'bob'], ['cutscene', 'CS_Start()', "CS_CinematicCamera('aquaman_young')", "CS_TurnTo('aquaman_young', 'bob')", "CS_TurnTo('bob', 'aquaman_young')", 'CS_Speak(\'aquaman_young\', "You must be the man in charge. These people are under my protection. You\'ve got about thirty seconds to lay down your weapons and surrender, or I\'m going make sure you don\'t wake up until you\'re in a cell...or a hospital bed.", force=0)', "CS_Animate('aquaman_young','ranged')", "CS_Camera('bob', dist=-160, yaw=0)", 'CS_Speak(\'bob\', "Just who do you think you are? I gather you\'re the reason that my men aren\'t answering their radios...and you\'re obviously not with the Royal Navy...so just who ARE you?", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'aquaman_young\', "People have taken to calling me aquaman. Let\'s stick with that. I suppose you\'re the Marauder I\'ve heard so much about. Now drop your guns.", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'bob\', "So YOU\'RE the aquaman, huh? I\'ve heard about you...and that incident with those pirates in the Indian Ocean...some kind of freak, right? You can talk to fish, breathe underwater, huh? Well, let\'s see what you can do.", force=0)', "CS_Speak('aquaman_young', 'With pleasure...', force=0)", 'CS_End()']]], ['allyfreedcs', [['priority', 1], ['replace', ['ally1', 'ally']], ['required', 'aquaman_young', 'front5'], ['cutscene', 'CS_Start()', "CS_CinematicCamera('ally1','aquaman_young')", "CS_TurnTo('ally1', 'aquaman_young')", 'CS_Speak(\'aquaman_young\', "You\'re the project leader, right? Are you okay?", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'ally1\', "That\'s not important, we\'ve got to get out of here!", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'aquaman_young\', "It\'s okay, calm down.  I\'ve taken care of all the gunmen. No-one is going to hurt you.", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'ally1\', "No, you don\'t understand! When I realized what these blackguards were after I knew I couldn\'t let them get their hands on our research. I managed to sneak away, and I set our generator to overload.  We have to get off this island NOW!", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'aquaman_young\', "Well, why didn\'t you say so! Make for the dock!", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'ally1\', "But there\'s no boat, what are we supposed to do?", force=0)', "CS_Speak('aquaman_young', 'Leave that to me!', force=0)", "CS_MoveTo('ally1', 'front5')", 'CS_End()']]], ['interrogationcs', [['priority', 1], ['required', 'aquaman_young', 'bob'], ['cutscene', 'CS_Start()', "CS_TurnTo('aquaman_young', 'bob')", 'CS_Speak(\'aquaman_young\', \'Alright, talk. What were you after here?"\\013bob says, "Heh...you...you\\\'re tougher than you look fishman....you should have told me that you\\\'re bulletproof...and strong enough to bend steel...\', force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'aquaman_young\', "And you need to tell ME what you were after...or I\'ll show you just how strong I am...", force=0)', "CS_Animate('aquaman_young','melee_idle')", 'CS_Speak(\'bob\', "Take...take it easy Nemo...I\'ll tell ya\'. I got wind of the work these eggheads were doing, and one of my tech contacts informed me of the potential...military benefits it would have.", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'aquaman_young\', "I\'m listening.", force=0)', "CS_Speak('bob', 'Yeah, well...these acoustic devices they were developing, they can be used to talk to fish...', force=0)", 'CS_Speak(\'aquaman_young\', "Dolphins aren\'t fish.", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'bob\', "Whatever! They can also be used to screw up a missle\'s guidance system. You aim something like this at a torpedo, or a SAM, and it will lose its electronic mind...just go anywhere it pleases. Something like that could be worth a pretty penny.", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'aquaman_young\', "So you\'re just another pirate, out to take what isn\'t yours.", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'bob\', "Yeah...but I\'m the best...", force=0)', 'CS_Fade(2)', 'CS_End()']]]], marker = 'front2', actions = 'allies can be freed, allies cower, allies move when freed, allies remain after encounter ends, villains can be interrogated, villains fight heroes,', allies = ['scientist'],return_function="StorylineEncounterReturn")
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\DCUG\missions\scripts\m25story.py", line 252, in DoStorylineStateEvent
    DoStorylineState(story, state, event.user)
  File "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\DCUG\missions\scripts\m25story.py", line 295, in DoStorylineState
    if not StorySetupEncounter(enc_id,story,state,a):
  File "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\DCUG\missions\scripts\m25story.py", line 385, in StorySetupEncounter
    val = eval('ff.%s(%i,%s,return_function="StorylineEncounterReturn")'%(encname,enc_id,encparams))
  File "<string>", line 0, in ?
  File "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\DCUG\missions\scripts\m25enc.py", line 4246, in DoEncCustom
    encounter = EncCustom(enc_id, parameters)
  File "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\DCUG\missions\scripts\m25enc.py", line 4262, in EncCustom
    encounter = CombineEncounters(encounter, EncGetCustomValues(enc_id, a, parameters))
  File "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\DCUG\missions\scripts\m25enc.py", line 4325, in EncGetCustomValues
    value = eval('ff.EncCustom_%s(%i,%s)'%(m25string.String_ConvertToTemplate(name), enc_id, parameters))
  File "<string>", line 0, in ?
AttributeError: EncCustom_

And the pertinent area of the script itself:
Spoiler
#---------------------------------------

Encounter: Attack6
Type: Custom
Actions: allies can be freed, allies cower, allies move when freed, allies remain after encounter ends, villains can be interrogated, villains fight heroes,
Villains: marine_marauder named bob
Minions: terror_marine
Allies: scientist
Marker: front2
Next: Run1

Alert Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on bob
bob says, "What in the world is going on up here? Report! If I don't get some answers, I'll skin each and every one of you alive!"

Start Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on aquaman_young
aquaman_young turns to bob
bob turns to aquaman_young
aquaman_young says, "You must be the man in charge. These people are under my protection. You've got about thirty seconds to lay down your weapons and surrender, or I'm going make sure you don't wake up until you're in a cell...or a hospital bed."
aquaman_young plays animation ranged
Camera on bob
bob says, "Just who do you think you are? I gather you're the reason that my men aren't answering their radios...and you're obviously not with the Royal Navy...so just who ARE you?"
aquaman_young says, "People have taken to calling me aquaman. Let's stick with that. I suppose you're the Marauder I've heard so much about. Now drop your guns."
bob says, "So YOU'RE the aquaman, huh? I've heard about you...and that incident with those pirates in the Indian Ocean...some kind of freak, right? You can talk to fish, breathe underwater, huh? Well, let's see what you can do."
aquaman_young says, "With pleasure..."

Ally Freed Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on Ally1 to aquaman_young
Ally1 turns to aquaman_young
aquaman_young says, "You're the project leader, right? Are you okay?"
Ally1 says, "That's not important, we've got to get out of here!"
aquaman_young says, "It's okay, calm down.  I've taken care of all the gunmen. No-one is going to hurt you."
Ally1 says, "No, you don't understand! When I realized what these blackguards were after I knew I couldn't let them get their hands on our research. I managed to sneak away, and I set our generator to overload.  We have to get off this island NOW!"
aquaman_young says, "Well, why didn't you say so! Make for the dock!"
Ally1 says, "But there's no boat, what are we supposed to do?"
aquaman_young says, "Leave that to me!"
Ally1 moves to front5

Interrogation Cutscene:
aquaman_young turns to bob
aquaman_young says, "Alright, talk. What were you after here?"
bob says, "Heh...you...you're tougher than you look fishman....you should have told me that you're bulletproof...and strong enough to bend steel..."
aquaman_young says, "And you need to tell ME what you were after...or I'll show you just how strong I am..."
aquaman_young plays animation melee_idle
bob says, "Take...take it easy Nemo...I'll tell ya'. I got wind of the work these eggheads were doing, and one of my tech contacts informed me of the potential...military benefits it would have."
aquaman_young says, "I'm listening."
bob says, "Yeah, well...these acoustic devices they were developing, they can be used to talk to fish..."
aquaman_young says, "Dolphins aren't fish."
bob says, "Whatever! They can also be used to screw up a missle's guidance system. You aim something like this at a torpedo, or a SAM, and it will lose its electronic mind...just go anywhere it pleases. Something like that could be worth a pretty penny."
aquaman_young says, "So you're just another pirate, out to take what isn't yours."
bob says, "Yeah...but I'm the best..."
Fade for 2 seconds

God Bless

BentonGrey

Alright, I'm still having trouble with the above, but I'm also having issues with the villain AI.  I thought it was a minor thing that I had missed, but once I fixed that I'm still getting the same lack of action.  Basically, the villains of the mission just don't do anything.  They don't seem to have their AI turned on.  Everything else seems to be working, other than the previously mentioned encounter that won't start.

I'm uploading the script.log to the DCUG Yahoo group.
God Bless

M25

Sorry, I missed this one somehow.  It's better to add a reply than edit your post.

Anyway, you need to remove the last comma (,) after the list of actions.

BentonGrey

So....forget what I said about not making piddly errors.... :huh:

Yeah M, I should have known better.  I figured that was the case, since I edited the post.  Anyway, any thoughts on the AI issue?
God Bless

M25

I suspect fixing the issue with the one encounter will fix the AI issues as well.

BentonGrey

Well M....you were wrong...but mostly because you probably underestimated my stupidity.  I'm not going to go into exactly WHY the Terror Marines weren't fighting...but let's just say it was so obvious it makes my head hurt.  Anyway, everything seems to be working quite wonderfully now!  Thanks M!
God Bless

BentonGrey

Okay, I've got three questions for you EZScript-ites:

1) Is there any way to set up a mission in EZScript where you would start out controlling one character, but after a certain amount of time, he would be replaced by another?  I have a vague idea for a mission with Dr. Thirteen in the DCUG secret project, but he couldn't carry an entire mission by himself.  If this isn't possible, don't worry about it. 

2) I have a vague memory of a technique existing with EZScript that allowed you to give a character dialog, but only if they were included in the mission.  How is that done?

3) Is there a way to make EZScript missions save-able?

Thanks for any help y'all can give me.
God Bless

M25

1)  You could use the Allies Become Controllable action to add a character to the team, and then have a cutscene where dr_thirteen is destroyed to remove him.

2) There's a condition on the says command in cutscenes that might do what you want.  Basically, you write out lines for specific characters and then a generic line for all other characters.

Hero says, if Hero is minute_man, "Let's go team!"
    if Hero is mentor, "The miscreants must be apprehended."
    "We're on our way."

3) EZ script missions should already work with saved games.  Are you having any sort of problem?

BentonGrey

Thanks for the response M!  Ahh, that would probably work nicely for Dr. Thirteen.  I should have thought about that.

That is PERFECT M, thanks!

Well, I haven't tested since I got your EZScript update the other day, but loading a save game in the campaign, the game loads fine, but all of the scripted stuff no longer works.
God Bless

M25

OK, can you get me a script.log from after you load a saved game?

BentonGrey

Sure M, I'll try and do it this evening.
God Bless

BentonGrey

Okey doke, I still haven't gotten around to testing that save feature, I'll try and do that soon.  In the meantime, I've been working on a new mission, and surprise surprise, I hit a snag!  So, here's what I've got:

Spoiler

Encounter: Attack1
Actions: allies thank heroes, heroes sabotage object, heroes rescue allies, item exists, villains attack innocent allies, villains fight heroes
Objects: crate
Villains: raptor_boss, raptor_boss, raptor_bezerk, raptor, raptor_bezerk, raptor
Allies: civilian_male, civilian_female, civilian_female
Next: Enemy1

Alert Cutscene:
Camera on Villain1
Villain1 says, "Rooaaarr!"
Camera on Ally1
Ally1 plays animation power
Ally1 says, "Dear Lord, what are these things? Help!"
Red Arrow on Villain1

Start Cutscene:
Camera on doctor_fate
doctor_fate says, "I must reach that portal or even more creatures will pour through!"
Camera on aquaman_classic
aquaman_classic says, "Down fido!"

Next: If Ally Survives: Enemy1
Next: If Ally Lost: __lose__

Ally Thanks Hero Cutscene:
Ally1 turns to doctor_fate
Ally1 moves to doctor_fate
Camera on Ally1
doctor_fate turns to Ally1
Ally1 says, "Thank you! We were almost dino chow!"

Ally Lost Cutscene:
Camera on Hero
Hero plays animation stunned
Hero says, "Noooo!"

Encounter: Attack2
Actions: allies thank heroes, heroes sabotage object, heroes rescue allies, item exists, villains attack innocent allies, villains fight heroes
Villains: wraith_warrior, wraith_manta, wraith_warrior, wraith_manta, wraith_warrior, wraith_manta
Allies: civilian_male, civilian_female, civilian_male, civilian_female
Next: Attack4

Alert Cutscene:
Red Arrow on Villain1

Start Cutscene:
Camera on Villain1
Villain1 says, "Mortals! We must feed!"
Camera on Ally1
Ally1 says, "What are they...? Ghosts? Run!"
aquaman_classic says, "Sorry Casper, but I don't think you belong here. Let's take them out!"
Camera on Hero
Hero says, if Hero is blue_devil says, "Heck, I'm scarrier than these guys. Come on spooky, pick on someone your own size!"
if Hero is shinning_knight, "Have at thee beings of dark magic! Thou shalt not pray upon the weak this day!"
Hero says, "We're with you!"

Next: If Ally Survives: None

Ally1 turns to doctor_fate
Ally1 moves to doctor_fate
Camera on Ally1
doctor_fate turns to Ally1
Ally1 says, "So-o-o-o...c-c-cold...what...what were those things?"
doctor_fate says, "It would be better for you to remain ignorant of the creatures of the outer darkness...just know that the chill shall pass in time."

Ally Lost Cutscene:
Camera on Hero
Hero says, "Noooo!"

Encounter: Attack3
Villains: wraith_warrior, wraith_manta, wraith_warrior, wraith_manta, wraith_warrior, wraith_manta
Allies: civilian_female, civilian_female, civilian_female
Next: Attack5

Alert Cutscene:
Red Arrow on Villain1

Start Cutscene:
Camera on Villain1
Villain1 says, "Fresh souls...it is good to walk the sunlit lands once more!"
Camera on Ally1
Ally1 says, "Help, help!"
aquaman_classic says, "Great, more monsters..."
Camera on Hero
Hero says, if Hero is blue_devil says, "Yeah, I LOVE bashing boogeymen!"
if Hero is zatanna, "Where are these things coming from? They shouldn't be able to cross over on a night like tonight."
Hero says, "I thought ghosts said 'boo.'"

Ally1 turns to Hero
Ally1 moves to Hero
Camera on Ally1
Hero turns to Ally1
Ally1 says, "Thank you so much! I've never been so scared in my life."
Hero says, "There is nothing left to be afraid of, you're alright now."

Ally Lost Cutscene:
Camera on Hero
Hero says, "Noooo!"

Encounter: Attack4
Villains: raptor_boss, raptor_boss, raptor_bezerk, raptor, raptor, raptor_boss, raptor, raptor_boss
Allies: civilian_female, civilian_female, civilian_female, civilian_male
Next: Attack6

Alert Cutscene:
Red Arrow on Villain1

Start Cutscene:
Camera on Ally1
Ally1 says, "Dinosaurs! What's going on?"
Camera on Hero
Hero says, if Hero is zatanna says, "Malovelent spirits and dinosaurs...what kind of magic can bend time and space like THIS?"
if Hero is etrigan, "You want your meal creature of the past, but this demon will see you stopped fast!"
Hero says, "We've got to stop them!"

Ally Lost Cutscene:
Camera on Hero
Hero says, "Noooo!"

Encounter: Attack5
Villains: raptor_boss, raptor_boss, raptor_bezerk, raptor, raptor, raptor_boss, trex
Allies: civilian_female, civilian_female, civilian_female, civilian_male, civilian_male
Next: None

Alert Cutscene:
Red Arrow on Villain1

Start Cutscene:
Camera on Ally1
Ally1 says, "Ahhhhh!"
Camera on doctor_fate
doctor_fate says, "The disturbance must be growing more powerful if something that size can break through the barrier. Beware my friends!"
Camera on Hero
Hero says, if Hero is hawk, "Punching dinosaurs just doesn't get old!"
if Hero is zatanna, "Fate, how are we going to stop something like this? Even the two of us together might not be powerful enough to stop whatever is ripping these portals open!"
Hero says, "Wow, that's one big lizard!'"

Ally1 turns to Hero
Ally1 moves to Hero
Camera on Ally1
Hero turns to Ally1
Ally1 says, "Was...was that a t-rex?"
Hero says, if Hero is hawk, "Well, it wasn't Barney!"
if Hero is shinning_knight, "I don't know fair maid, but it was unlike any dragon I have faced ere today."
Hero says, "Whatever it was, it's gone now. Try and stay indoors until we've managed to get the rest of them.'"

Ally Lost Cutscene:
Camera on Hero
Hero says, "Noooo!"

Encounter: Attack6
Villains: wraith_warrior, wraith_manta, wraith_warrior, wraith_manta, wraith_warrior, chaotic_servant, wraith_warrior, chaotic_servant
Allies: civilian_female, civilian_male, civilian_male
Next: None

Alert Cutscene:
Red Arrow on Villain1

Start Cutscene:
Camera on Villain1
Villain1 says, "We are free, free to sow chaos and destruction in the winds once more!"
Camera on Ally1
Ally1 says, "Ahhhh!"
aquaman_classic says, "Come friends, we are needed!"
Camera on Hero
Hero says, if Hero is shinning_knight says, "I stand with you, sire!"
if Hero is dove, "Wait, perhaps we should try and communicate with them? We might not need to resort to violence."
Hero says, "More ghosts...great."

Ally1 turns to Hero
Ally1 moves to Hero
Camera on Ally1
Hero turns to Ally1
Ally1 says, "Thank you so much! I've never been so scared in my life."
Hero says, "There is nothing left to be afraid of, you're alright now."

Ally Lost Cutscene:
Camera on Hero
Hero says, "Noooo!"

Encounter: Enemy1
Type: Save Civilian
Villains: circe, lion, lion, lion, lion, lion
Allies: civilian_male, civilian_male, civilian_male, civilian_female
Next: Enemy2

Alert Cutscene:
Camera on Villain1
Villain1 turns to Ally
Villain1 says, "Ahh...the air here veritably sings with power! This is going to be more fun than I've had for a thousand years!"
Villain1 says, "Well my pets, here is meat for you! Your former friends will feed you!"
Red Arrow on Villain1

Start Cutscene:
doctor_fate turns to Villain1
doctor_fate says, "Stop sorceress! You've spread your destructive magics here enough!"
Camera on Villain1
Villain1 says, "Don't be silly darling! I'm sorry little man, neither you nor your parlor tricks can stop me. I am a godess, and I don't fear any of you mortals."
Hero says, if Hero is zatanna says, "Sorry yourself sister, you'd better change those guys back or us mortals are gonna' kick your butt!"
"We'll see about that!"
Villain1 plays animation ranged
Villain1 says, "Bon appetite, my pets!"

End Cutscene:
Camera on Hero
Hero says, if Hero is zatanna says, "Well, we defeated a godess...not too bad for a mortal stage magician and her friends, huh?"
if Hero is Hawk, "Take that you crazy broad!"
Hero says, "That's it for her!"
aquaman_classic says, "Come on troops! We've got work to do!"

Encounter: Enemy2
Type: Gang War
Villains: wraith_warrior, wraith_manta, wraith_warrior, wraith_manta, wraith_warrior, wraith_manta, wraith_warrior, chaotic_servant
Rivals: raptor_boss, raptor_boss, raptor_bezerk, raptor, raptor, raptor_boss, raptor
Next: Enemy3

Alert Cutscene:
Red Arrow on Villain1
Red Arrow on Rival1

Start Cutscene:
Camera on Villain1
Villain1 says, "Our massster wants that object, and we must not disappoint him! We must find it, and these creatures cannot stand in our way!"
Camera on doctor_fate
doctor_fate says, "Something in this area is the source of the magical disturbance, but we must restore peace to this area before I can locate it. These beings must not be allowed to persist in their combat."
aquaman_classic says, "Alright Fate, we'll take these creatures out."
Hero says, if Hero is Hawk says, "Let's stop talking about it then, and let's get to smashing magical uglies!"
"Let's do it!"

End Cutscene:
aquaman_classic says, "Well those things won't be bothering the city anymore."
Hero says, if Hero is shinning_knight says, "Verily, we have striken well this day!"
if Hero is dove, "I still think we could have tried to reason with them..."
Hero says, "Now we just need to find whatever is causing all this madness."

Encounter: Enemy3
Actions: rivals fight villains, item exists, item is invulnerable, villains fight heroes, villains want item, villains only flee with item
Villains: felix_faust
Minions: raptor, raptor_boss, raptor_boss, raptor_bezerk
Rivals: wotan
Cohorts: wraith_warrior, wraith_manta, wraith_warrior, wraith_manta
Item: phone_booth

Alert Cutscene:
Red Arrow on Villain1
Red Arrow on Rival1
Camera on Rival1
Rival1 says, "FAUST! You shall stand in my way no longer mortal!"
Villain1 says, "Sorry you ghoulish, superannuated fool, but I have plans for the power in that little booth."
Rival1 says, "Insect, you dare to pit your will against me? I have seen generations of such clawing, grasping creatures such as you scrabble for life across the world, and yet I still remain."
Villain1 says, "We shall see old man!"

Start Cutscene:
Camera on doctor_fate
doctor_fate turns to Rival1
doctor_fate says, "Wotan, Faust! Cease your battle at once. You are doing great damage to this plane."
Camera on Rival1
Rival1 turns to doctor_fate
Rival1 says, "Fate, you small minded servant of Order, even you should be able to feel the incredible power locked within that otherwise mundane object."
Villain1 says, "That's right, and it shall be mine! Think of the knowledge I could aquire with that kind of power. I could force my way into Hades itself and feast on the great library of darkness!"
aquaman_classic says, "Wherever this thing came from, neither of you two can be allowed to have it. You'll have to go through us to get it!"
Camera on Hero
Hero says, if Hero is zatanna says, "Don't encourage them Arthur!"
if Hero is shinning_knight, "Yea varlats, ye shall not lay hand upon this object while we draw breath!"
"Yeah, clear out!"

End Cutscene:
doctor_fate moves to aquaman_classic
Cinematic camera on aquaman_classic to doctor_fate
aquaman_classic says, "Well Fate, the magicians are down...but where in the world did a magical phonebooth come from?"
doctor_fate says, "I don't know Arthur of Atlantis, but it must have been created by an incredibly powerful entity."
Hero says, if Hero is zatanna says, "I don't know doc, this thing is beyond anything I've seen."
if Hero is blue_devil, "Well what are we waiting for? Let's grab the doohickey and get going."
Hero says, "At least Faust or Wotan didn't get their hands on it!"
doctor_fate says, "Yes...I must bring this back to my tower for study. This requires a great deal more thought..."

There is an opening cutscene that starts Attack1, 2, and 3, but then each of them is supposed to trigger the start of a new encounter.  None of them are triggering what should come next.

My error log is too big to post on the forum, but it can be downloaded here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey/files/
God Bless

M25

The action - item exists - is not hitting an end condition since you aren't doing anything with the item, or even spawning one.  You don't need it in your encounters, so just take it out and they should work.

Items are intended to be things that can be picked up by heroes and villains and run off with (think 'capture the flag').

BentonGrey

D'oh!  Thanks M!  I should have thought about that one a little harder. ;)
God Bless

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I'm having a few errors on the level I'm working on, one of which is an unexplained COMPLETE invulnerability for characters with "random mutation."  I've got to do some more testing on that one before I bother y'all with it though.  In the meantime, maybe someone can help me figure out why I keep getting the message that I didn't include a generic dialog line when I seem to have just that.  Here is an example:

Spoiler
Hero says, if Hero is blue_devil says, "Heck, I'm scarrier than these guys. Come on spooky, pick on someone your own size!"
if Hero is shinning_knight, "Have at thee beings of dark magic! Thou shalt not pray upon the weak this day!"

I think I've got everything I need, but I get that message nonetheless.
God Bless

M25

The problem is here:

should be:

"We're with you!"

(No 'Hero says,)

BentonGrey

Ahh, thanks M!  I got some wires crossed somewhere along the way there.
God Bless

BentonGrey

So, I finally got a few minutes to test this mission again, and I'm still getting the random invulnerable T-Rexes.  In checking through the script.log I'm not seeing anything in the attribute initialization to explain this:

Spoiler
initAttribsForChar: working on m25obj_4 (trex_chaos)
initAttribsForChar (trex_chaos): looking at attribute ponderous
initAttribsForChar (trex_chaos): looking at attribute solid skeleton
initAttribsForChar (trex_chaos): looking at attribute armoured
initAttribsForChar (trex_chaos): looking at attribute grim resolve
initAttribsForChar (trex_chaos): looking at attribute randommutation
execInitAttrib: init randommutation attribute
    on m25obj_4 of template trex_chaos (trex_chaos)
GOAL: Adding goal Goal_DynamicAbility(1004, "ice beam", 'ff.AIGenericPowerOnTarget(tactic_id,event.object,event.string,event.float,event.user, pct = 60, energy = 34, situation = 1, power = "mut_icebeam", subtype = 2, carrier = -1, mindist = 50, maxdist = 300)') to character m25obj_4
GOAL: Adding goal Goal_DynamicAbility(1005, "ice patch", 'ff.AIGenericFunctionOnTarget(tactic_id,event.object,event.string,event.float,event.user, pct = 60, energy = 33, maxdist = 300, time = 3, power = "ffx.OnIcePatch(target,char)", mindist = 0, subtype = 3)') to character m25obj_4
GOAL: Adding goal Goal_DynamicAbility(1006, "ice shield", 'ff.AIGenericActiveDefense(tactic_id,event.object,event.string,event.float,event.user, pct = 80, defense_time = 10, energy = 34, situation = 4, power = "mut_iceshield", mindist = 0, subtype = 5)') to character m25obj_4
initAttribsForChar: working on m25obj_2 (trex_chaos)
initAttribsForChar (trex_chaos): looking at attribute ponderous
initAttribsForChar (trex_chaos): looking at attribute solid skeleton
initAttribsForChar (trex_chaos): looking at attribute armoured
initAttribsForChar (trex_chaos): looking at attribute grim resolve
initAttribsForChar (trex_chaos): looking at attribute randommutation
execInitAttrib: init randommutation attribute
    on m25obj_2 of template trex_chaos (trex_chaos)
GOAL: Adding goal Goal_DynamicAbility(1007, "xray blast", 'ff.AIGenericPowerOnTarget(tactic_id,event.object,event.string,event.float,event.user, pct = 60, energy = 34, situation = 6, power = "mut_xray", subtype = None, carrier = -1, mindist = 50, maxdist = 300)') to character m25obj_2
GOAL: Adding goal Goal_DynamicAbility(1008, "xray form", 'ff.AIGenericPowerOnSelf(tactic_id,event.object,event.string,event.float,event.user, pct = 60, energy = 67, situation = 7, power = "microwave Displace Image", mindist = 0, maxdist = 400)') to character m25obj_2
GOAL: Adding goal Goal_DynamicAbility(1009, "jinx", 'ff.AIGenericPowerOnTarget(tactic_id,event.object,event.string,event.float,event.user, pct = 60, energy = 34, situation = 8, power = "mut_jinx", subtype = 9, carrier = -1, mindist = 0, maxdist = 300)') to character m25obj_2

Here is a relevant portion of the mission itself:

Spoiler

Encounter: Attack1
Actions: heroes sabotage object, villains fight heroes, villains rampage
Villains: trex_chaos, trex_chaos, raptor_boss, raptor_boss, raptor_bezerk
Next: Enemy1

Alert Cutscene:
Camera on Villain1
Villain1 says, "Rooaaarr!"
Red Arrow on Villain1

Start Cutscene:
Camera on doctor_fate
doctor_fate says, "I must reach that portal or even more creatures will pour through!"
aquaman_classic says, "Down fido!"

End Cutscene:
aquaman_classic moves to doctor_fate
aquaman_classic says, "By Neptune's beard! I thought Tyrannasours were just big, strong predators...how could they do THAT?"
Camera on doctor_fate
doctor_fate turns to aquaman_classic
doctor_fate says, "The creatures had been drawn to this city by an incredibly powerful magical force, but the relocation did not leave them untouched. They passed through dimensions of chaos magicks, which left their mark upon the beasts. We must locate the rest of these portals and close them before the chaos in this city draws more creatures through time and space!"

Any ideas?  I'm also uploading the script.log to my yahoo group if anyone wants to check the entire thing.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey/
God Bless

Torch

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 18, 2009, 08:59:30 PM
So, I finally got a few minutes to test this mission again, and I'm still getting the random invulnerable T-Rexes...
Could a 'random mutation' BE 'invulnerability'?

BentonGrey

I believe it could be one of the grades of invulnerability, but I was hitting the rex with fairly high damage powers, and getting NOTHING.  I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think I was even getting damage boxes.
God Bless

cmdrkoenig67

Benton...Buddy...A certain map is still at the Yahoo group...Go get it!...And empty your PM inbox here, so I can PM you again...Sheesh!  :lol:

Dana

BentonGrey

Urgh!  My inbox should be open now.  I don't see the map in the group you linked me to...PM me again, maybe I got some wires crossed. :wacko:
God Bless

M25

The part of the mlogreader that watches for damage is throwing errors, so it is possible that's the issue.  There might be a bug in the random mutation attribute.

BentonGrey

Hmm...what do you suggest I do M?  I'm just trying to make this interesting without adding in a dozen new minion types, and the random mutation attribute seems like the perfect answer.  Also, I'm not quite getting the kind of mission I want here.  What I'm really going for is a situation like in FF1, where there are portals opening up that will keep spitting out enemies until you close them.  Any ideas on how to model that?  What I've got right now is just the portals set up as objects which you have to sabotage, and they are guarded by a group of bad guys.  I don't have any real sense of urgency to it, though, since they aren't actually spitting out reinforcements. 
God Bless