News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

PY Hero Files

Started by JLAfan2001, December 25, 2008, 10:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLAfan2001

I've noticed that some hero files have some PY files associated with them. Are these useable in the danger room or are they more for mod useage? If I can use them in the danger room, where do I install the PY files so they show up?

Blitzgott

Those files contain FFX modifications made to the hero file. Simply open the FFX Control Center, select the hero file, click the "Import File" button and you're all set.

JLAfan2001

Where does the PY file go? Changeling has a PY file associated with his hero file but I don't know where to put it so the control centre can import the file. I tried the instructions that were given but it didn't work. I am trying to find a way to bring changeling into the danger room without having to bring in his animal counterparts. I know with FFX you have to have a character that has shapeshifter and others that have temporary form selected for the same mission in order for the attribute to work. Is there any way to have the attribute work without having to bring in the other forms as in the teen titans mod? Basically, Changeling and three of the animals takes up the four slots when I want to play a mission and I can't play anyone else.

catwhowalksbyhimself

No, you shouldn't have to bring in the other forms, at least not in the later versions of FFX.  Anyway, the .py file goes in the same place with the hero file.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

JLAfan2001

Son of a gun. I forgot to mention this is for  :ff: not  :ffvstr:. I am using the FFX_2.6v2 update with all the previous versions installed. As far as I am aware that is the latest for FF. FFX_3 is for FFVTTR. Will it still work?