Hulk vs ... Animated Films v 2.0

Started by Midnite, December 25, 2008, 12:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Has it been announced yet when these come out?

crimsonquill

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 10, 2009, 12:00:41 AM
   Has it been announced yet when these come out?

"Hulk Vs" comes out on Jan. 27th and it supposedly has previews of Marvel Super Hero Squad (aka Marvel Babies - based on the toy line of the same name) and another movie which is being kept secret until the DVD is released. I'm taking bets that it's a promotional teaser for Disney XD which is launching in Feburary with Spectular Spider-Man Season 2, Iron Man Adventures, Wolverine And The X-Men, and many of the '80s and '90s Marvel shows that Disney just picked up the rights for.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Dr.Volt

herodad1

cant wait for this dvd.what other_v.s. would you like to see.i'd like to see one with the thing called its clobberin' time.who he'd fight i dont know.maybe submariner in one and dragonman in the other.

thanoson

Hulk vs the Leader? Juggernaught? Abomination?
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

crimsonquill

Here is a link to a Quicktime version of the featurette of DEADPOOL from the HULK VS WOLVERINE portion of the DVD...

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0901/13/hulkwolverine1.htm

I figured the Deadpool lovers around here have been very curious to see how he is handled...

- CQ

Midnite

Hmm.. watched the 2 films today.  :ph34r:
Finally Marvel didn't cheap out on the animation. Only downside is the 2 animated films were too short. Simple plot, fight, fight, fight.  :lol:

JeyNyce

Hulk vs Thor was very good.  Great story.

Hulk vs Wolverine.......Deadpool stole the show.  His one liners, had me crying! :thumbup:
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Talavar

Deadpool was awesome!  "That's my favourite gun!" in slow-mo cracked me up, and so did "Strike a pose."

GogglesPizanno

Both of them suffered from being razor thin storywise as an excuse for lots of action... unfortunately after 45 minutes each of hulk smashing it become boring... and the Thor one absolutely bored me on all other fronts. But then I'm not a big Thor fan.

The wolverine one was really less a Hulk vs. and more a Wolverine's greatest hits with the hulk as catalyst. On that front I think it succeeded in at least doing justice to wolverine as a violent savage ball of rage when fighting. Lots of blood, growling and the occasional severed limb. It still suffered from being too much action to the point of tedium.

detourne_me

Goggles... I think that's how Hulk Vs. Wolverine succeeded in my eyes.
I really liked the anime nature of it.  it almost felt like Marvel's answer to the Gotham Knight anime Batman.
The story was just enough to showcase lots and lots of brutal violence.  It really felt like a rumble room mission animated.
The villains were bad, and the heroes were hardcase.

Thor's on the other hand handled the story well, but yeah, Thor was probably the least interesting character in it.

JeyNyce

I liked the Thor story.  Not so much for Thor, but for Loki & Amora and even Hela.  I really liked her in the story.

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: detourne_me on January 29, 2009, 09:58:14 AM
Goggles... I think that's how Hulk Vs. Wolverine succeeded in my eyes.
I really liked the anime nature of it.  it almost felt like Marvel's answer to the Gotham Knight anime Batman.
The story was just enough to showcase lots and lots of brutal violence.  It really felt like a rumble room mission animated.
The villains were bad, and the heroes were hardcase.

I agree that the violence was depicted well...
But I'm also not a fan of anime, and really only liked Gotham Knight on a conceptual level... So maybe I'm the wrong demographic for what they were going for.

Talavar

*Repost from the Wolverine & the X-men thread, where I posted it not realizing this thread existed:

So I just watched Hulk vs. Wolverine, and I'm confused - is it supposed to be in the same continuity as the Wolverien and the X-men show?  Going in, I thought so; now I'm not so sure.

Spoiler

First, the ominous "professor" from Weapon X in the show seems to be in the movie (the animation is a different style of course, so there's a little wiggle room, maybe) but he gets a hand cut off, replaced with a robotic one, and then apparently blown up.  Have we seen his hands in the show?  I think it's the same voice actor though.

Sabretooth is a very different character design as well as a different voice actor, but could otherwise work with continuity.

There's no sign of Mystique at Weapon X in the past, unlike in a recent episode, but we do get a nod towards X-23 once again, this time as a test-tube baby (who Deadpool wants to shoot!).

Regardless, I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Wolverine gets to do more than just show his claws to people, the animation was a little higher grade than the show (the character designs are different, and not necessarily better, but the animation itself is more fluid, and character motion is better most of the time).

crimsonquill

Spoiler
Quote from: Talavar on January 29, 2009, 11:41:31 PM
So I just watched Hulk vs. Wolverine, and I'm confused - is it supposed to be in the same continuity as the Wolverien and the X-men show?  Going in, I thought so; now I'm not so sure.

The Professor usually appears as a hologram in his previous appearances on the show and when they showed his hands they were inside of gloves. Of course he could have had his arm fully replaced with a more "natural" looking cybernetic arm by this time.

Sabretooth was probably the result of different takes on how the character would look. Maybe the Hulk Vs Wolverine was supposed to be based off one design that was later changed for the series and the shows creators figured that maybe further mutation just allow them to explain that difference later.

Mystique appearing was probably another decision like having Omega Red as part of the team.. something they figured would be a nice unexpected surprise for those watching the DVD. Especially since the die hard fans were already watching the whole series via online downloads by the time development on these films started.

Marvel may have intended for this crossover to happen but the peices may never match perfectly.. especially since Lady Deathstrike and Deadpool might be harder to pull off outside of the PG-13 environment that these kinds of mini-movies allow them. But I'm so hoping that we get a Wolverine Vs Deadpool short in the future just to keep this story going.

- CQ

Talavar

I just watched the Hulk vs. Thor half, and I'm a lot less impressed.  Mostly that's my dislike of Marvel's version of Thor & Asgard; it always comes off more like He-man than Norse mythology in my opinion.

Weird quibble: Thor's hammer hitting the Hulk had a terrible sound effect!  It sounded like clinking a glass with a metal spoon whenever he hit the Hulk with it.

MJB

All right... give it to me straight, those who purchased this...

Is this worth $20 for the Blueray version? I know the DVD version is only like $15 but we just recently picked up a HDTV and would like the hi-def version. If you don't have the BR version chime in on the story/extras.

Thank you all.

-MJB

herodad1

JeyNyce

Quote from: MJB on February 02, 2009, 07:13:56 AM
All right... give it to me straight, those who purchased this...

Is this worth $20 for the Blueray version? I know the DVD version is only like $15 but we just recently picked up a HDTV and would like the hi-def version. If you don't have the BR version chime in on the story/extras.

Thank you all.

-MJB

No.  That's one thing I never understood, why put "toons" in HD?  Wouldn't it still look the same?  I seen anime in HD & SD and I see no difference.  Maybe I don't have the eye for HD.