News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Ty. I'm still working on the holstered chucks yet. Getting the limp chain positions right and not rotating anything over the mark (they have to fit snug in the holsters/belt of course). But pretty much a blast doing this one.

mac402

Man, I suck at skinning my skopes. Tried to use C6 base skin and kitbashed the rest.

Lol, can any of you even recognize the character it is supposed to be?

hmarrs

oktokels

Quote from: mac402 on July 29, 2022, 12:20:24 PM

selina kyle?  :wacko:

Kenn

My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

WyldFyre

Woo Hoo!!! Another Mr. Mind! And good to see you again Kenn!
For Freedom!

deanjo2000

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

mac402

Quote from: oktokels on July 29, 2022, 08:04:43 PM
Quote from: mac402 on July 29, 2022, 12:20:24 PM

selina kyle?  :wacko:

Heh, heh. Nah, but might look like her too. This is supposed to be Lila Cheney from X-Men/New Mutants. Never had her own comics or anything and doesn't really have a hero costume. I went with this look for reference.

crosspotts1.0

Oh cool can't wait for a release what's her powers I like the obscure characters I think that why I started doing stuff with image characters cause less have been made or heard of lol

SickAlice

@mac402: If it helps learn about superimposing. That's much of the trick to capturing the look of a character/person as well the texture of a material. The big industries have guides that outline how all these trademarked actually are suppose to look. If you do a trademark for a cartoon, say picture Garfield when you register you have to draw and establish how the various lines look and why that distinguishes that character. So those ovals for Garfield's eyes, the halves for the lids, the hatches for the stripes and so forth. Comic books companies loves sharing their source material, you see it in handbooks and character reference. So say you look online and find Lila art. The lines on the faces typically have a signature placement. Copying and pasting that over the basic template texture then lining it up is step one. If you look at some of my very old textures I was real lazy and would just literally do that, dropping a clip from a comic right on the texture. But next you use blending techniques. Toying around with the opacity of the copy and pasted face and the base texture itself. Or even using the copy and pasted as sort of stencil to create your own. Then the routine smoothing and shading and such to capture the look. Same goes for the costume and epidermis, level of difficulty increased by the introduction of patterns like the one Lila's skirt is depicted with at times for example. All of this moves back to your wireframe. The dots are of course the vertices and are lined up and welded to an adjacent one. So you get a feel for that and work with lining things up. I can say that's about the gist of it. I employ a lot of trickery and optical illusion myself, simple tactics using the standard brushes and plugins in art programs all picked up just by sitting through online tutorials and learning those processes. I was lazy as stated, well I had no interest in doing otherwise. It was just fun to color these things. But after awhile I started spending more time with it and delving into the actual process. As others will tell you spend time looking at what the pros do, those are shared all around the internet of course. Look at how the pros do their textures. Kitbash their textures just see the process yourself.

Anyways hope any of that is of use. It really comes down to techniques and a lot of trickery. Like just glancing I would have looked at Lila art (and am as I type this in another tab), found something usable like her Handbook turnaround and/or looked for perhaps a model or actress that looks like that art. Maybe someone I would fancast then grab a photo of them and do the above process. This one is easy because Lila is literally based on Joan Jett and there's no shortage of model shoots of her face. It's a lot of fun on a rainy day (story of my summer it seems) if anything just to sink into all that. And of course cool when you finish a thing and your happy enough with the product.

mac402

@SlickAlice: Thanks for sharing those tips SlickAlice. This was super informative to me. I admit I didn't know almost any of that stuff. I really just tried random things using the trial and error method. What tool would you recommended? I have Photoshop and have used it before, but it's been some time since I last used that (I'm just complacent with Paint.NET nowadays, eh).

@crosspotts1.0: Her only power is long range teleportation (we're talking intergalactic levels here). She is mostly depicted as a support character, but she's been shown to use some hi-tech guns on occasion.

SickAlice

Whatever your comfortable with. I think anything is comparable. I toggle between tools for different purposes same as I do with 3d models. Personally I use PS and that's only because I am accustomed to it and paid for it ages ago. Anything that has the basic functions of layers and just well, painting works. It's all simple step process and trickery as I said so more than anything like say shading an illustration it's just losing yourself in it for awhile and going through motions until it looks right and stands out. Most of the look is taken care of in game anyways the only import part is the details standout. It's why I use a lot of heavy shading and contrast when I do textures, usually right before I finish I max out the values as far as I can. Else tutorials always. The internet is full of free classes to take. Like I was trying my hand at making old black and white that would look like the old Mirage Ninja Turtle comics so I just read about two tutorials and watched three videos tailored to the choice program. Likewise I read through Eastman and Lairds writings on their process and looked at the art references to see how they did it. It's really only about taking the time and nothing much else, the rest falls into place.

crosspotts1.0

SA glad to see you back are you feeling better

eluvium

I think this would count more as editing skins, but I'd like to share

style

Deanjo2000 has inspired me in his work that I have went and tried to do some skoping of my own! And I haven't done anything in over 12 years!!!! :blink: :thumbup:

The Ultimate Fan!

SickAlice

style

The Ultimate Fan!

detourne_me

Is that Bulletproof and Beserko from COPS??
Wow! Good to see you back, Style!!

style

Yes!!!! and Turbo Tu Tone  :D :thumbup: Thanks D_Me!

The Ultimate Fan!

detourne_me

Thats so cool. I think turbo Tu Tone was the only cops toy i had as a kid!

style

More C.O.P.S. N Crooks and more to come!

The Ultimate Fan!

SickAlice

Now I recognize it. I never watched the show but I remember seeing that kingpin look character before. Real sharp looking stuff here.

deanjo2000

I didnt watch that show either as i dont think we got it here but im going to find it and watch a few. They look amazing though :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

detourne_me

:thumbup:
Longarm and Big Boss if I'm not mistaken!

style

Quote from: deanjo2000 on September 30, 2022, 08:17:56 AM
I didnt watch that show either as i dont think we got it here but im going to find it and watch a few. They look amazing though :thumbup:

It's on Tubi for free every episode!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks for yall's kind words! :lol:
The Ultimate Fan!

cmdrkoenig67

Great job on those Skopes, Style! I think I?ve seen 1 (maybe 2) episodes of that series, many years ago, when it first aired.

Dana

style

Thanks cmdrkoenig67 here's another if anyone remembers the character! :thumbup:

The Ultimate Fan!

cranlox

style

The Ultimate Fan!

BentonGrey

*Emerging briefly from under the weight of the semester* Style!  It's so awesome to see you back in the saddle, and making COPS characters of all things!  That is too cool!  I'll need those for my (eventual) Saturday Morning Adventures mod!  They all look great, especially Big Boss! *Re-buried under an avalanche of prep and grading*
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/