News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Great skopes, WB, nice to see you creating more awesome stuff!  These look great in action, judging by your FX video.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Tigerclaw is definitely my next release. Just manually editing the keyframes which takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. Then onto another nif and doing the same with that ones keyframes. We really need a better way or at least one that isn't as time consuming.

windblown

Quote from: SickAlice on September 12, 2021, 09:30:15 AM
Tigerclaw is definitely my next release. Just manually editing the keyframes which takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. Then onto another nif and doing the same with that ones keyframes. We really need a better way or at least one that isn't as time consuming.

Hey SA, not sure of what you're trying to do and I bet that you already know this, but just in case.... if you're working with appearing/dissappearing pieces, you can use one value to get the appearing/dissappearing trick instead of copying/pasting the value. I usually name the dissappearing piece as a, b, c... or 1, 2, 3 .... to be faster when I'm editing the keyframes (not sure if I'm explaining myself... but you can take a look on my skopes wind dancer, rubbermaid or pixie for example).

Also, I have another Polaris preview, with her Uncanny X-men costume:

Podmark

Very nice.
That costume always made me think of Halloween. I get a bit of a cartoon horror vibe from it.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

TY WB. I know but I avoid it. It always looks fine in CTool and mostly in game but eventually I come across a glitch it creates somewhere. Add in this case as with much there's instances where more than node are doing something in the same animation so I can't set them on the same one. I just stick with making a value for each in each animation. I had to fix a lot of keyframes after the fact when taking the shortcut or for other users that did. Else much of what I do is with skopers/skinners in mind so I like leaving anyone with a lot of options to work with, in this case those preset slots in the keyframes they can swap out with what they need. In this case as well I have a lot of individual values to change in the scales, rotations and what not so I can't get away with tricks, basically I'm building a lot of stuff that wasn't there to begin with. I'm please with what's coming out, decided to make some FX for it to and thinking I might give this one a voicepack while I'm at it.

Otherwise as usual fantastic work. That is exactly how Polaris should look. Had you created a fanbased costume I would still know it's supposed to be Polaris.

SickAlice

Making a Spider-Mobile with RD. Wondering if anyone knows the name of thing I circled in the second picture hanging from the overhead suspension frame. It looks like a light to me, vintage 70's or earlier? I'm trying to find images of it's real life counterpart for reference, ty.

Randomdays

Looking thru the link info I had put up on the history of the spider-mobile, the page mentioned that the car came with a spider-signal, which I barely remember from back then. My guess, without going through the comic itself (I do have them on the digital collection that came out a while ago if I need to) is that's what it is, and it shines the light on the wall like the one on Spidey's belt.

SickAlice

I kind of want to ditch it since it wasn't used past the first comic (or it was lost in the river with the old sideview mirror? The canon is holed so I can fanfic whatever I want). On the other I'm providing any options so one can achieve any desired look using the alpha channels. With driver, without. Two headlights, four headlights, two one side exhaust, four exhaust both sides, so on. Same with the mapping, you'll see that part when I release it. I also have the space for it and the time, I'm nearly done with the model itself, have more room on the textures (I combined everything on the maps and saved space) so there's no reason to leave it out. Except I don't what it is or supposed to look like in three dimensions. Well the art is rather messy when it comes to it in that issue basically. I can just as well imagine whatever I want but the idea the whole way is to make everything signature, being to look just like everything on the Spider-mobile does in the comic of course. With the rest of it I have the advantage of a lot of angles and source material and likewise various artists approaching it over the years (minding in canon it was rebuilt a few times and reflected changes here). Except that one piece. So like I can't search "spider-signal" in Google and find any reference material short of this same image hence why I need the real life counterpart. The rest of it does, this was based directly on the typical DIY buggy kit down to a science (literally and verbatim various engineers like the Tinkerer). The engine again a counterpart of real life DIY corona motor and the story a nod to those things. So on so it was easy to figure out all this looking at sites that sell those parts for custom buggies. That's what I'm looking for here. I have a couple days between keyframe anims and such but want to rush this out all the same.

On a related note and I'll leave this for whoever if not looking to understand how to make an FX that points to two different points on a nif, think a character with two guns firing at the same time or Spideys web shooters and for the web shooters that are going to show up in the ranged animation of this thing.

windblown

The Spider Mobile looks promising. That car is something that I had never heard about!

The FX that points to two different points on a nif is something that I've wanted to get for a while, I don't know how to get it working yet though.

New preview: Meet ... the Dazzler:

Randomdays

Nice ... and I like the added touch of the skates on her feet. Will she skate?

SickAlice

Wonderful looking as always.

I don't remember all but CB sort of explained to me once using the nif itself as the FX. So you delete all except the stuff needed for the FX say. Then add, copy in from an FX for example the needed FX stuff to the points. Like so for the start.nif I'd have the start of whatever spider web ranged FX lined up to the two gun points on the car nif. Something like that, I didn't understand FX as well as he did.

The big catch on Spider-mobile is I'm setting it for easy vehicle skoping. Like you be able to just import a model and make few changes and go. On that note since it's coming up check out my Overdrive nif and keys at the Spider-man page on my site. Sky is the limit there if anyone needs to make characters with built in vehicles.

Podmark

Nice! You've even got the roller skates.

Spider mobile is coming along nicely.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

A long-time villain, Joanna Cargill aka Frenzy joined to the X-men hoping to become a hero after LegionĀ“s reality warping in Age of X showed her that a new life was possible for her.

I like this look a lot, but while doing my research I found many inconsistences on it.

Quote from: Randomdays on September 26, 2021, 10:20:03 PM
Nice ... and I like the added touch of the skates on her feet. Will she skate?

I'm not done with the animations yet, but yes, I'm planning to give her skating animations.

Podmark

Very nice. That was her best look!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

BentonGrey

Wow, I've missed some great stuff!  Ha, I love the Spider-Mobile, how neat! 

Those skopes are gorgeous, WB!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Jimaras8

Glad to see you back WB. I wanted to ask what that coming soon section in herofreedomforce meant but i guess it means you will have you own space for your skopes. I'm really looking forward to it  :thumbup: :thumbup:

john_patches

:thumbup: hello guys anything new going on here?
:cool:

SickAlice

Seems we came home to roost JP. Getting a lot and I mean a ton of use out of your finger method btw, thanks for conceiving of that. That particular thing solved a lot of lingering headaches for me here.

Randomdays

Hey...another voice from the past checking in...an early holiday present.

BentonGrey

JP, great to see you back, man!
God Bless

SickAlice

When you take fifteen minutes out of your evening to make a pizza gauge so your characters can know when it's Pizza Time. Livin' the dream baby!

BentonGrey

Hahaha!  Oh, that's delightful!  Party Wagon!
God Bless

SickAlice

All finished. I just need to arrange and upload my webpage. This one was an adventure in learning.

Randomdays

Awesome looking - well worth the wait. Need to take it and kick the tires, check out if the pizza gauge is working.

SickAlice

It doesn't. But the engine fan and band do, I'm proud of myself for pulling that off as well the tires and webshooters. I didn't need to I know but to me it just looked wrong if the fan wasn't moving while it was running. More tricks using animated textures and alpha channels there, you'll see in a bit. Hopefully I can get my webpage situated by tonight.

BentonGrey

That's an impressive level of detail, SA!  It looks great!
God Bless

SickAlice

Thanks, that's the fun part. Well sometimes. When it works.