News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

I got the head where I like it as well the portions. Good because this is normally where the most futzing about happens. This is before scaling and adding the hair and hat and such of course.

BentonGrey

Hey, he's looking really great, SA!  I LOVE the toy-style board.  That is awesome! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

SickAlice

Thanks. All his decks will be represented, took up an entire texture just for those. I was going to just give him something basic at first but when I was looking at pictures for inspiration I decided it would be fun to try and reproduce them as 3d models. They fold and transform depending on whether they're being ridden or held as well, if the deck called for that I noticed it on the design sheet for the IDW one. Also helps for when the deck is on his back to keep them from ghosting through his tail. Finished his basic clothing set now, taking a break to try and eat this nasty government taco filling before I talk myself out of that and have a bowl of cereal instead for dinner lol. Srsly, I don't believe this stuff is even food.

BentonGrey

Haha, well, culinary dilemmas aside, it sounds like you're doing some amazing stuff!  I recognize the IDW one as well, with great detail, down to the shotgun on the front.  That's really cool!
God Bless

SickAlice

Thanks. The detail work is my goal to learn here. I've never been good at reproducing technical things like weapons and vehicles and such and have been studying really hard on that for the past year or so. Food thing is a joke, sort of. An old woman has leftovers from foodball parties and gives them to me because I'm scrawny and most people assume single people can't cook (opposite for me, I used to be a chef). This stuff though does not look or smell okay. Now I have to make the choice whether to pass it off knowing it's disgusting or not or flush it. The Oreo's Cereal on the other hand was fantastic. I would do a government study to see if a person can live on that stuff for a year just for the pleasure of eating it everyday.

Oh yeah, and still working on that pain in the butt Mutagen Man. Just a difficult physique to make conform to this games skeletons is all.

SickAlice

BentonGrey

Ha, sounds pretty sketchy, SA.  I think you made the right choice!  :lol:

Mutagen Man!  Wow, SA, that looks really cool!
God Bless

SickAlice

Yeah made progress. Originally he has glass then mutagen inside the glass then the organs floating in that but it doesn't work and everything turns invisible so I had to get rid of the mutagen in order to make it work. I couldn't even really come up with a design but then some company called Super 7 issued throw-back figures to the old 80's one and that design is perfect for what I want. Cool figures, check them out if haven't already. Else a bunch of other stuff is still in progress including the shark guy you wanted.

BentonGrey

Yeah, cool figures, but wow they're expensive, ha!  Glad you found a design that would work.  Yeah, alphas are a pain, from my very limited understanding, at least.

Armaggon!  Awesome!  TMNT is my next project after I finish the DCUG update.  I'm actually planning a Saturday Morning Cartoons mod to build on my TMNT one.  We'll see what we can manage, though.  I've got Silver Hawks and Thundercats heroes, but I'll need villains eventually.  That's neither here nor there, though.  Anyway, having more TMNT stuff is always great, and you're creating some fantastic stuff, SA!
God Bless

SickAlice

Thanks. Yeah I don't buy figures anymore but love window shopping them. All my cash to cactus and palm trees now, odd I know and I'm not certain why it even happened. I do like the challenge of growing desert plants though.

BentonGrey

Ha, well, it's probably a lot more of a productive hobby to grow things than to collect things.  :)
God Bless

SickAlice

Honestly it's the same but more expensive. The point of it is to increase the resale value of this property which is set for two years out. Like I just lost two mature palms. They were a hundred twenty five a pop so that's three and half in the trash. Whereas on the other hand I sold my brother in laws G1 Jetfire at a closing bid of nine fifty, original retail value was less than twenty bucks in it's day. Really this is all for my mom, makes her happy and I send pictures of the plants. My violets are blooming well however and I do plan to sell some albeit for cheap. They work as scorpion deterrent.

windblown

A former Morlock and X-men, Marrow was requested by Detourne_me at the "looking for mutant ideas" thread,

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

That's coming together nicely!
God Bless

SickAlice

Another great design WB.
Adding at least a two day delay towards releases myself here, sorry anyone. Local families house burned down so I'm running about organizing the community drive and what not. Impressive community I moved to have to say, these people do nothing but bicker on any sunny day but come together when it counts. Nice to see that type of humanity in contrast to the stream of bad news out there.

SickAlice

Still not finished texturing Mondo but here is a gecko until then, first yard gecko of spring to come out of hibernation. I did think about coaxing her onto my deck for the photo but noticed she was napping and didn't want to be rude.

BentonGrey

Cool!  Haha, Lady Grey always tries to catch them, and I always say, 'they don't need you bothering them!'
God Bless

windblown

Well... I'm working from home now and I cannot get out when I'm not working because the coronavirus is hitting the South of Europe pretty hard and things are looking ugly, so staying at home is the best thing for everyone.

Because of this I have more free time for skoping and I've been working in.... mutant teleporters. I've skoped 7 characters with teleporting powers (several of them are classic characters and the other ones are modern ones). I didn't work on their keyframes or fx yet, and they have kitbashed skins for previewing them.

I'll be previewing them during this week, one character everyday.

The first one is:

Lila Cheney, a rock star mutant who can teleport across interstellar distances. She was involved with the New Mutants and was a member of X-Force.

BentonGrey

Wow, nice work WB!  Ha, one good thing to come out of all this madness...we're all going to have more time for our hobbies.  :P
God Bless

Podmark

Lila Cheney, that's a character I didn't expect to see. Very nice.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

Thanks guys,

Quote from: Podmark on March 18, 2020, 12:04:04 AM
Lila Cheney, that's a character I didn't expect to see. Very nice.

I bet that's something that you're going to think again these days  :P

Second day, second mutant:

Ariel, an alien mutant with the ability to teleport through doorways (a power difficult to adapt in game). She was a member of the Fallen Angels, dissapeared for twenty years and joined to the X-men after her return.

Podmark

Now once you said mutant teleporters I was expecting Ariel! Great job!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

Maybe the third one is more unexpected?

Gateway is a mutant able to create teleportation "gateways" which can traverse both time and space. He has helped the X-men many times.

BentonGrey

Gateway!  How cool!  I remember encountering him for the first time in Age of Apocalypse, years and years ago.  I had no idea who he was, ha.
God Bless

Cyber Burn

How cool, never thought I'd see this little old guy from the X-Men's time hanging out in the Outback.  :thumbup:

Podmark

Quote from: windblown on March 19, 2020, 08:07:35 PM
Maybe the third one is more unexpected?

I wasn't expecting him, but I should have. Gateway is a pretty notable mutant teleporter.
Great job.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

The fourth teleporter is a very minor character, I'm sure that most of you don't know her.

Hub was one of the few survivors in Genosha after the Sentinel attack, she allied with Unus 'the untouchable', but she was depowered by the M-day. Although she's not an important character in the main continuity, she was the leader of an X-men team in "X-men: The End".

Podmark

Wow, that's one that even I'm barely familiar with. I knew the name but couldn't have picked her out of a lineup.
Hub looks great!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page