News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

If the mesh is set up to take the Taskmistress key frames, then I would check to see what node the gun is pasted onto in thr Taskmistress mesh. Sometimes, there's a dummy node that needs to be copied oner in order for the gun to work.

Quote from: daglob on June 26, 2013, 11:43:02 PM
I haven't looked... I should have. I mean, I have several "x-ray" meshes that look mighty weird in CTool but fine in the game.

That's actually why I prefer to skope for  :ffvstr:, no distortion of the mesh in CTool, I can actually see what I'm skoping.

JKCarrier

Quote from: daglob on June 26, 2013, 11:43:02 PM
I've pasted a gun from both Taskmistress and Taskmaster and neither one works. If I paste it to their hands, the guns don't appear and dissapear like they should; if I paste it to the scene root, it just hangs in the air motionless (kinda spooky, actually).

Looking at Taskmistress, it has an extra piece called "Dummy_righthand", and the pistol is pasted onto that. Make sure you copy the "dummy" part over too.
(Edit - Oops, I see Cyber already said that. Never mind!)

daglob

I will double check the assorted nodes and dummies. Thanks to yoyu both.

In the game, Tim's helmet does not move at all, but hovers above his head. The eyes bounce around like some devilish ping-pong jimmies (just like they would if I didn't remove the niskininstance).

I may have to give up on the helmet. The FFv3R version doesn't have one, but... I'm still working on the eyes.

And I still need to make Tim Boo Baa's Boo Baa Boys...

Cyber Burn

I will be back in the game come Monday, I'll be back to work, but at least I'll be home from vacation and will be able to get back into FF. If you want, send me the  :ff: version of the mesh and I'll be happy tp take a look at it. I may not succeed, but I will definitely try.

JKCarrier

Saw this guy in a 1950s comic and just had to skope him:

daglob

I don't know who he is, but he looks ridiculous. Kinda the same as Bat-Mite Man...

Copied the dummies to the mesh, and the guns still don't appear and dissapear. However, I think I may try different TMS kf and see if I can find some that work (I know ther e are different TM kf). Betty does look good with a gun...

windblown

I'm working in several projects right now, none of them are finished, but I thought of posting here a WIP of one of them, Snowbird of the Canadian super team Alpha Flight.

I plan to add an artic wolf and a polar bear forms to the skope, and I still have to tweak the animations of the artic owl form, so this one could take me a while.

Cyber Burn

That is just sickening it is so cool.

Podmark

You never cease to amaze. Can't wait to see it when it's done.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

hoss20

That is really amazing. The transition is seamless, especially the take off. Fantastic work.

Helix

Snowbird! Holy cow, she looks great! And she's gonna morph too... :thumbup:

martialstorm

That's amazing! I'm just in awe  :thumbup:

cmdrkoenig67

:blink:  Snowbird?  Holy carp!

Dana

laughing paradox

Snowbird looks frickin' incredible!

And I've been wanting to redo Alpha Flight..

BentonGrey

Man, that's excellent.  Great work WB!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

billdamn22

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the end result of this. Waiting very very impatiently.....

AfghanAnt

Amazo Version 2.2

thats awesome windblown, i had no idea that nifskope was so versatile. i cant imagine doing what you do with nifskope.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

martialstorm

A bunch of Doctor Who stuff (Suprise Huh?) Models purchased from Turbosquid then converted and skoped into FF:

K9: Now released along with a voicepack:

Tardis Exterior and Console Room WIP:

daglob

Was it Loopy Wolf that did K-9? anyway, with his site gone, this looks like a suitable (and possibly superior) replacement.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: JKCarrier on July 01, 2013, 12:33:04 AM
Saw this guy in a 1950s comic and just had to skope him:

Certainly an interesting looking character, just out of curiosity, what did you use for the hat?

JKCarrier

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 06, 2013, 05:25:43 PM
Certainly an interesting looking character, just out of curiosity, what did you use for the hat?

It's one of the claws from Ink's Sabretooth mesh.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: daglob on July 06, 2013, 04:31:48 PM
Was it Loopy Wolf that did K-9? anyway, with his site gone, this looks like a suitable (and possibly superior) replacement.

Yep, Loopy did the original K-9 and Dalek meshes.  I have his meshes, but I wouldn't want to host them anywhere without trying to get his permission first.

Dana

Cyber Burn

Quote from: JKCarrier on July 08, 2013, 02:14:11 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 06, 2013, 05:25:43 PM

It's one of the claws from Ink's Sabretooth mesh.

Definitely an inventive use of pieces.

martialstorm

Thanks Daglob and Dana, I think I lost the loopy wolf k-9 in a computer crash and for some reason the Dalek mesh crashes the game which is a shame because I love the top of the head falling off animation. So I'll be converting a Dalek mesh over as well.

All of the have been put on the ff flyer mesh which was Dana's excellent idea  :)

I've just skoped a st johns emblem into the tardis mesh so that will be skinned and completed soon. Plus now I can do that I can finish my new Earth 2 GL.

cmdrkoenig67

MS, I'll send you Loopy's K-9 and Dalek (if you'd like).  :D

Dana

martialstorm

That'd be excellent Dana, thanks! :thumbup:

windblown

Snowbird is almost done:

(The owl skope was done by Cmdrkoenig67/Dana and is very cool in my opinion).

I think she was one of the most difficult skopes I've done until now, but I'm pretty happy with the results. Here there are some of her animations. The last one is an improvised flying_melee (it's set to work with the distance of the short range projectile)

Cyber Burn

I think that this is the most impressive skope I have ever seen. Just amazing.

Sioux City Dynamo

Io