News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

Just incredible windblown.  I have no idea how you keep coming up with these fantastic skopes!

daglob

Quote from: windblown on June 13, 2013, 11:52:39 PM
New preview for today: Cessily Kincaid, aka Mercury from New X-men.

Mercury’s powers allow her to alter her shape as she is composed of a malleable metal. I’m very pleased with how this skope turned out, here there are some of the animations:

First and second ones are her dodge animations (she becomes a mercury puddle/stretches her body). The rest are melee animations where she turns her arms into weapons.

Textures based on Podmark's skins.

Hey! Waitaminit... would this be like a Plastic Woman mesh? That would fulfill a LOT of requests.

Not that it matters, but is it FF1 or FFv3R?

Cyber Burn

I forgot about that...there has been a lot of requests for a Plastic Woman type mesh over the years. This should make a lot of people happy.

Also, I believe Windblown only skopes for  :ffvstr:.

cmdrkoenig67

That would be great for a Madame Rouge mesh or Elastigirl from the Incredibles.

Dana

windblown

Thanks guys,

The skope is for FFv3R and it only has a couple of "elastic animations". I'm working in another x-men student named Rubbermaid and I'll try to give her more.

Here is a WIP:

Podmark

Wow. So...you're like some kind of a wizard.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Uuummm...Yeah...What Pod said. Definitely a Wizard...Or a Mutant...Or a Mad Scientist...I just don't know, but man, you have got some mad skills.

daglob

... or a spark of the first order...

AfghanAnt

BentonGrey

Wow indeed, that's fairly amazing!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Sioux City Dynamo

"Where does he get such wonderful toys?"........My favorite movie quote of all time....And it is so applicable every time I visit this thread.  So many folks contribute such wonderful skopes in this thread....And the stuff that Windblown is generating is really, "blowing" me away (pun intended... :P)

Windblown, is there away one of us can help you post your skopes to a yahoo group or something so that they are accessible to folks that would be interested in skinning them?

Respectfully,
Io

detourne_me

:blink: wow! :wacko:
That's mind-boggling.   What other programs are you using here? Blender?

martialstorm

That'd make a neat Elastigirl from The Incredibles  :thumbup:

ghazkul

Witchcraft!!!!

Amazing stuff WB. You like the newer students at all?

Podmark

Quote from: ghazkul on June 18, 2013, 07:34:54 PM
Witchcraft!!!!

I sure hope he does  ;)
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

ghazkul

I also hope he's reading the Hellfire Academy, I needs some evil mutants.

Cyber Burn

The base mesh is Shevek's Deadpool_Muscular with pieces by Grenadier, DravenXIII and Tommyboy. The skin is a thoroughly Kitbashed C6 Night Thrasher skin. This is still a heavy work in progress. But now that I have the base more or less done, now I can start messing with his board.

It would be a lot easier if I could see something other than an all-white outline in Nifskope.  :banghead:

Helix

Great work, Cyber!! I can't wait to see him when you're done!

Cyber Burn

Thanks Helix, I'm using Tap43's suggestion to use Tommyboy's "Static_Shock" mesh to try to get a skateboard, but I've had limited success so far. We'll see how it turns out when I'm done.

billdamn22

Extremely well done. Can't wait to see the finished product.

windblown

That Night Thrasher looks great Cyber, I really like it.

Quote from: Podmark on June 17, 2013, 11:29:30 PM
Wow. So...you're like some kind of a wizard.

Yep, I'm from the Land of Oz...that's the reason that English is not my native language ;)

Quote from: detourne_me on June 18, 2013, 06:58:36 AM
:blink: wow! :wacko:
That's mind-boggling.   What other programs are you using here? Blender?

I'm just using Nifskope for my skopes.

Quote from: ghazkul on June 18, 2013, 07:34:54 PM
Witchcraft!!!!

I like some of them like Tempus, Idie or Quentin Quire. I definitely don't like Eye-boy and Shark-girl (with so many good characters in comic limbo...).

And thanks everyone, I didn't think I would get so many positive responses with a WIP of Rubbermaid  :)

Podmark

CB that Thrash is coming along very nicely. Have you looked at Murs' X-Force Deadpool? I believe Tomato adjusted it's biped to be more friendly with a male_basic.

Quote from: windblown on June 19, 2013, 10:26:52 PM
I like some of them like Tempus, Idie or Quentin Quire. I definitely don't like Eye-boy and Shark-girl (with so many good characters in comic limbo...).

I'm a big Genesis fan myself.

I definitely get your point about characters being in limbo, there's some great ones that are barely getting used, but I try not to hold it against the new characters. I made that mistake with Generation Hope, I avoided the book for a long time because I didn't like them adding a bunch of new teen characters, but when I finally read the book I really liked it.

For the record, given the opportunity I intend to skin all the students post Morrison. Windblown has been invaluable in this goal I can't thank him enough.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

ghazkul

I've been trying to skope a Shark-Girl mesh, but not managed it yet. Same with Quire, I'm using a version of AA's TJ_max mesh but can't seem to add a shotgun.

windblown

Quote from: Podmark on June 20, 2013, 03:37:21 AM
I definitely get your point about characters being in limbo, there's some great ones that are barely getting used, but I try not to hold it against the new characters. I made that mistake with Generation Hope, I avoided the book for a long time because I didn't like them adding a bunch of new teen characters, but when I finally read the book I really liked it.

For the record, given the opportunity I intend to skin all the students post Morrison. Windblown has been invaluable in this goal I can't thank him enough.

Actually, I like a lot of the new characters (the same happened to me with Generation Hope) but not Eye boy and Shark girl (come on, even their codenames are lame :P). Maybe this changes when they're more developed, but right now I think that they're my least favorite students.

I'm happy I can help you with the skopes, it's great working with you. Thanks to you because of your awesome skins!

Quote from: ghazkul on June 20, 2013, 10:09:17 AM
I've been trying to skope a Shark-Girl mesh, but not managed it yet. Same with Quire, I'm using a version of AA's TJ_max mesh but can't seem to add a shotgun.

I plan to do a Quentin Quire skope in the future too :)

And lastly...Two new characters for today.

They are brother and sister and they come from the Southern Water Tribe:

Sokka and Katara (from Avatar: The last Airbender).

I still have to work at their animations, but, would anyone be interested in skinning them when they're done?
Does anyone know a mesh with "bender" type animations? And a mesh piece which can be used as a "water whip"?

Podmark

Cool! I'm a big fan of The Last Air Bender. Great show. Really impressed with the skopes they look perfect.
Not sure about Bender animations. Probably some martial arts stuff would be your best bet.
For a whip you could try some of Tommyboy's whip wielding characters.

Around the time Avatar's finale aired I was actually thinking of skinning Aang, but I never got around to it.

Also...I kinda like Shark Girl.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Draven's Mortal Kombat meshes have some really nice martial artist animations.

naitvalis

wow all this cool meshes, Amazing works Windblown!...and Cb i must have that Night Thrasher  :ph34r:!

daglob

As you can see, Tim here looks a little puzzled. In Nifscope, his Giant Man helmet and his goggle eyes (both from a TV mesh) look fine, here, well...

Neither had a niskininstance, so I didn't remove it, but now what do I do? This is for FF1, already having a FFv3R version.

Also, I need some flat triangular pieces for his eye lashes; Bat Armfins (which are what I used on the other one) do not seem to work. Any suggestions?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: naitvalis on June 24, 2013, 03:01:01 PM
wow all this cool meshes, Amazing works Windblown!...and Cb i must have that Night Thrasher  :ph34r:!

I decided to make 2 versions, one with the skateboard, and one without. Unfortunately, neither is ready for release yet. Also, it still needs a skin when finished.

Quote from: daglob on June 24, 2013, 04:31:41 PM

As you can see, Tim here looks a little puzzled. In Nifscope, his Giant Man helmet and his goggle eyes (both from a TV mesh) look fine, here, well...

Neither had a niskininstance, so I didn't remove it, but now what do I do? This is for FF1, already having a FFv3R version.

Also, I need some flat triangular pieces for his eye lashes; Bat Armfins (which are what I used on the other one) do not seem to work. Any suggestions?

I don't know about the eyelids, but how does your  :ff: version look in game. Is the distortion still there as well?

daglob

I haven't looked... I should have. I mean, I have several "x-ray" meshes that look mighty weird in CTool but fine in the game.

I'll get back to you...

Another question:

Yellow Lantern fixed up his Betty Page (Female Pencilskirt) mesh to take Taskmistress keyframes (instead of having KF that seemed to be based on them), and It was my intention to add a gun (That's right-Betty Page with a gun) for a couple of gun-totin' ladies (Miss Fear, Strychnine, bound to be others). Now, I've done this before on TV Male Fixed, and it works, but now...

I've pasted a gun from both Taskmistress and Taskmaster and neither one works. If I paste it to their hands, the guns don't appear and dissapear like they should; if I paste it to the scene root, it just hangs in the air motionless (kinda spooky, actually).

Any suggestions?