News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billdamn22

That skope is awesome! I definitely have uses for that! Gimme gimme.... Please.:thumbup:

Amazo Version 2.2

super cyborg is seriously sweet, will you be able to release that to the public ? windblown, are you just using nifskope, or do you use other programs too to make your skopes.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

spydermann93

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on May 30, 2013, 05:09:06 PM
super cyborg is seriously sweet, will you be able to release that to the public ?

If I have the necessary permissions, I will. :)

I just need a different skin for the mesh, as I am currently using part of c6's skin as the base for all of the extra weapons and such and Afghan Ant's skin for the body.

Cyber Burn

If you are unable to get permissions to release your skope as is, but can find someone who is willing to skin it, if you send it my way, I could set it up with wireframes for you so that a skinner can skin it. Just let me know.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 30, 2013, 08:27:11 PM
If you are unable to get permissions to release your skope as is, but can find someone who is willing to skin it, if you send it my way, I could set it up with wireframes for you so that a skinner can skin it. Just let me know.

That would be greatly appreciated. I'll see what I can do with this first; I'll try to come up with something acceptable (I cannot skin to save my life, haha :P).

Sioux City Dynamo

if u wuld like i will put on my list to skin.
Io

spydermann93

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on June 01, 2013, 08:13:17 PM

I'd be honored to have you skin it! :D

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on June 01, 2013, 08:14:41 PM
Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on June 01, 2013, 08:13:17 PM

I'd be honored to have you skin it! :D

I look forward to seeing that one.  :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Edit: Picture removed by me. Sorry, I used Aphex's "Male_Surfer" mesh instead of Grenadier's "Silver_Surfer_Gren" mesh. I will re-do the skope onto Gren's mesh and then post a pic. Again, really sorry for posting a pic of a mesh that was not on the approved list. For those who didn't see the pic it was of Marvel Comic's Night Thrasher.

spydermann93

It's very nice to see you making progress on that, Cyber!

Are you combining keyframes in that skope?

Cyber Burn

Nope, I haven't gotten that far yet. The only thing I did as far as keyframes is to change the "Fly" to "Run" so the board comes out when he's running.

Edit: I do want to add in some more fighting animations though, and maybe do a little more to the skope itself.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, Gren's "Silver_Surfer_Gren" mesh seems to always have the Surfer on the surfboard, as such, Night Thrasher won't work on that mesh. Oh well, I guess when I get around to re-doing the skope, it will be without the board. Bummer.  :(

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 09, 2013, 08:58:30 PM
Unfortunately, Gren's "Silver_Surfer_Gren" mesh seems to always have the Surfer on the surfboard, as such, Night Thrasher won't work on that mesh. Oh well, I guess when I get around to re-doing the skope, it will be without the board. Bummer.  :(

What about "Male_surfer"?

He uses a board while flying, but runs on his own, two feet.

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, that is what I originally did the skope with, and that was the pic that I previewed. Also, unfortunately, Aphex, the mesher of the "Male_Surfer" mesh is not on the approved skoping list in the permissions thread of this forum. I should have checked before I started the skope, not after. Normally, before I do a skope, I check to see that the mesher has given permission for his/her meshes to be skoped, but in this case, I let my enthusiasm get the better of me, which is why I pulled the pic.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 09, 2013, 09:09:12 PM
Unfortunately, that is what I originally did the skope with, and that was the pic that I previewed. Also, unfortunately, Aphex, the mesher of the "Male_Surfer" mesh is not on the approved skoping list in the permissions thread of this forum. I should have checked before I started the skope, not after. Normally, before I do a skope, I check to see that the mesher has given permission for his/her meshes to be skoped, but in this case, I let my enthusiasm get the better of me, which is why I pulled the pic.

Well, at least you could keep it for a personal mesh.

Perhaps you could find a way to hide the surfboard whenever he isn't running, much like Fusion's Ghost Rider mesh?

Cyber Burn

Yeah, unfortunately, instead of working on my final exam, I had been playing with my skope and re-did quite a bit. I changed all the mapping around so I would need to do some serious kitbashing in order to get a viable skin (The Male_Basic works, it's all the extras that I changed). If nothing else, maybe we'll see a completely board riding Night Thrasher in the near future, I haven't decided yet.

detourne_me

Iirc Gren's silver surfer has an idle or two without the board.  You would just have to add keyframes from another mesh.  The board would stay in place but return for running animations.  So umm,
Keep run and hover etc from Gren's mesh, idle with the board in hand, and melee keyframes from another mesh.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: detourne_me on June 09, 2013, 11:33:54 PM
Iirc Gren's silver surfer has an idle or two without the board.  You would just have to add keyframes from another mesh.  The board would stay in place but return for running animations.  So umm,
Keep run and hover etc from Gren's mesh, idle with the board in hand, and melee keyframes from another mesh.

Thanks DM, so far the magic of keyframe editing has eluded me, but I will give it a try. Is there anything I need to actually do to the skope so that it will take other animations before using M25's keyframe tool?

detourne_me

I don't think so.  Maybe if you just use male_basic compatible keyframes.  Maybe from Gren's mb_fighter keyframes to be safe

Cyber Burn

Cool, thanks DM. I'll give that a try.

Cyber Burn

Ouch, epic fail. The board never disappears during the added animations. He's performing the new animations while standing in the board. Frustration... :banghead:. I'll keep working on this though, my OCD won't allow me to quit.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 10, 2013, 12:59:04 AM
Ouch, epic fail. The board never disappears during the added animations. He's performing the new animations while standing in the board. Frustration... :banghead:. I'll keep working on this though, my OCD won't allow me to quit.

If you keep the idle and melee_idle from the original keyframes you shouldn't have that problem. The skateboard should only show up during run/fly.

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, Gren's mesh has Surfer standing on the board in both the idle and melee_idle animations, and there are no animations in the set that do not have the board in them, so there is nothing for me to change the animations to. UNless I am doing something wrong, which is very possible since I am not one to mess with keyframes.

windblown

Hey Cyber, if you can't get this working, I could help you with the keyframes. Just let me know if you need it :)

Cyber Burn

Thanks Windblown, Tap43 suggested I use Tommyboy's "Static_Shock_Tvlite" mesh as a base, and so far it looks to be working out. But I will definitely let you know if I need help. Thank you.  :thumbup:

windblown

New preview for today: Cessily Kincaid, aka Mercury from New X-men.

Mercury's powers allow her to alter her shape as she is composed of a malleable metal. I'm very pleased with how this skope turned out, here there are some of the animations:

First and second ones are her dodge animations (she becomes a mercury puddle/stretches her body). The rest are melee animations where she turns her arms into weapons.

Textures based on Podmark's skins.

billdamn22

:blink: Awesome!! At a loss for words...

Cyber Burn

I didn't think it was possible, but you just outdid yourself.  :thumbup:

Podmark

So I had already started new skins for Mercury based on my old skope (which you can see at HF, it's just a simple body swap on the female symbiote). I didn't get the new skope until about a half hour ago and I am blown away!

Windblown you are incredible. I think I have a new favorite skope.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page