News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

style

Dude Keep These Star Wars Skopes Going!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The Ultimate Fan!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Epimethee

Cool! The kid in me itches to play with a Greedo action figure again! ;)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

crimsonquill

Looks like it's time to unveil my latest skope...

Now I promised that since I did Martha that doing the other members of Xorn's Special Class was next on my list. And it seemed just perfect to start off that class with their favorite misfit and clutz Beak. While I was doing my research for the perfect look for him I discovered he had the most varied versions (normal five finger hands to 3 fingered bird-like talons) from New X-Men to his term on Exiles depending on who the artist was. So I tried to meld all of them into one version as best as I could...

The result?

The base is obviously Kevin_Matchstick by TexasJack then I added on the coat from AA's New X-Men Xavier and some parts from Ink's Storm_Punk, Taskmistress, and Tomar-Re. Then some Tommyboy_versatile parts for effect and Renegade's Patriot earring as a last touch.

What do you think?

I have lots more detail to put in the face and I need to find someone to help me alpha out the lower sleaves on the jacket so the arms are exposed because I had to white them out so the feather forearms didn't look they were growing through them.  :blink:

I also wanted to have Beak hover/fly by flapping his arms but I couldn't get any compatible keyframes to pull it off because of him holding the baseball bat. Any help here too would be welcome.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

area34

Pyro's Pack-

I'm posting this in the hex thread too since I need some hexing help and I don't know if people check both skins and hex threads. I'm doing an all in one of Pyro that has all his outfits and and I've basically skoped everything already but I'm hoping there is a better part for the neck. I need something like superman prime has but with a short back and a higher collar in the front. I've tried using a freeze collar and such but it doesn't let you do detail and I need to be able to do a yellow square in the middle. Right now I have the zemo collar and it's ok but the superman armor matches almost perfectly...

cmdrkoenig67

Thanks guys, for the compliments on the Star wars Skopes...I appreciate them.

Nice Pyro, Area.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Gremlin

GogglesPizanno

You're just a star wars makin machine....

cascarudo

cmdrkoenig67

Courtnall6

All these awesome skopes make me wish I could get my skinning mojo back.

Great work guys :cool:
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

area34

I think we all wish the same thing...

Outcast

Great looking skopes/skins everyone. :)

Quote from: Courtnall6 on February 10, 2010, 09:31:30 PM
All these awesome skopes make me wish I could get my skinning mojo back.

Keep on making these awesome skopes guys. I think you guys are breaking down his barriers. It's just a matter of time now...:P

Failed_Hero

EvenTide

Female darkness manipulator who can shift into a shadow form.  I just wish some one could help me get hair on this mesh like on AA's Super Skull mesh.  So the the hair node would appear and disappear with the animations.
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

crimsonquill

And next up on my list of Xorn's Special Class is Angel.. Beak's girlfriend.

Not too bad considering that almost 95% of the skinning is complete... It's made up from Ink's Wasp with AA's X-Men Jacket added on with some adjustments (and some clipping that the female body causes since it's a part made for a male mesh). The afro from Tommyboy's Photon mesh, earrings from Renegade's Patriot, and wings from Vertex's Fly mesh (I need to talk to Vertex about making a female wasp).

And I also need to add some keyframes so that Angel can spit acid (Wasp's keyframes doesn't have the correct ranged attacks for that) and buzz her wings while crouching (for the deafening buzz area attack which she has used in the comic).

Anything I am missing?

- CQ

Sledgehammer

Quote from: crimsonquill on February 18, 2010, 06:01:22 AM
And next up on my list of Xorn's Special Class is Angel.. Beak's girlfriend.

Anything I am missing?

No, I think you got her covered. This is one of the characters I have been hoping somebody would create. Glad you took a shot at her.

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

herodad1

the crouched buzz attack...gren's beetle has kf's that does that.

crimsonquill

Quote from: herodad1 on February 21, 2010, 11:23:51 PM
the crouched buzz attack...gren's beetle has kf's that does that.

Thanks for the suggestion.. I was wondering which meshes might have the right keyframes but hopefully would also work with a female mesh body. I'll mess with keyframes tonight to see if it works so I can get this released soon.. and move on to the next mutant on my list.

- CQ

TAP43

Hey there,

I been very busy lately with a new job and longer commute, plus very limited computer time.
But over the last couple of weeks when ever I could, I have been playing with blender to get out of a funk I had been in. The Character is my favorite version of him (Brainiac pre-crisis), I used Tomato's new male basic mesh for the body and the brain and arm shells.
And Lord Ehmsidy for the forearm ridges for his C6 upgrade mesh.
Yellow lantern's Black manta for the hoses, Grenadier's annihilus mesh for the ear parts.

All of the aforementioned mesh and part's were heavily modified in Blender either by morphing,cutting or duplicating parts. The rest of the parts were altered or pasted using Nifskope, Ink's Beast mesh for the side toes, Syn's Prometheus mesh for the neck cables and Tommyboy's Mach3 mesh for the jaw ports.

I went into greater detail in the description of which parts and who they were made by to make sure they knew and they could decide if I may have crossed a line in the use of there mesh or part's.
I have no problem not releasing it, it was more of a 37 different versions of saved blender files, Nif files and 1 photoshop file exercise in pulling myself out of a burn out slash funk I had been in since taking this new job a few months ago.
But I did want to show everyone what I had been able to do and it didn't come out looking like crap like the first 25 version or so of it did.
Anyway here is the preview of what little of the skin I have done so far and as always comments good or bad are welcome.
Thanks

TAP43

style

U are the man for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :blink:
The Ultimate Fan!

JKCarrier

area34

That needs to be released (with an original Tap skin, of course.) That is great.

tommyboy

Looks great. No lines crossed for me.
Good work. No, great work.

jeremy355

Gremlin