News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughing paradox

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on November 11, 2009, 05:10:28 AM
Thanks LP. The LOD membership will be Lex Luthor, Mr. Freeze, Braniac, Circe, Grodd, Sinestro, Deathstroke and Bizzaro.
@herodad1 Freeze will be available once AA is finished up with some site updates. ;)

Nice list! I look forward to them, particularly Circe! She's a favorite of mine.

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on November 11, 2009, 07:53:04 PM
what you planning with slade and bizarro
Well for Deathstroke as it stands?a lot. He?s gonna be kinda like the Taskmaster. The idea behind the character is pretty much the same as the standard tale with a few tweaks. He?s the sole survivor of a military experiment funded by Luthor Corp to create meta-human soldiers. It gave him enhanced reflexes, senses, strength and mental acuity. Another ability that he?ll have is ?Photographic Reflexes? or ?Adoptive Muscle Mimicry? (alla Heroes) where any physical task he sees his body can perfectly imitate. So I?m gonna blow up his keyframes?martial arts, swords, guns?the works and the design?paramilitary?covered in weapons and a skull mask. Bizzaro is gonna be my Frankenstein monster. A "perfect" clone of Superman that went psychotic and had to be put down. His body is further experimented on and the results are even more monstrous. He?ll be like a combo of the Hulk, Doomsday, Metallo and Superboy Prime. A patch work of preserved and scarred flesh with some overgrown & protruding sharpened bones, some cybernetics and a black Kryptonite heart with a remote controlled brain. An example of an experiment gone right and one that went really really wrong. I?m currently working on drawings of both. Lex is almost in the can. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

area34

What's the consensus on kittbashed photo examples for skopes? I have a couple more skopes that I'm going to put up in my yahoo group that I don't ever intend on skinning them myself(I've done some request that I don't personally care about) and I always have a pic of the skope so someone knows what it looks like before downloading it and using just the wireframe(as I did with with Brother Voodoo) is hard to tell details. Is it okay to use a kittbash in the photo to show a rough draft of what the skope is capable of or should I stick with the wireframe?

docdelorean88

I'm pretty sure that's okay. Just note that it is infact a kittbash and you should be fine.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

herodad1

the bizzaro idea sounds REALLY good!

Tomato

I had wanted to send this image directly to AA, but for some reason my message won't get through.... something about his inbox being too full. Whatevers though... I'll post this here for right now, and I'll either IM or PM him later about my meshing offer.

As to what this is... it's a slight modification of the Kid Flash skope AA put together, just to make Bart look more like a teenager.

Edit:If I might make a suggestion to some of the more advanced skopers here? It doesn't really matter to me because this is probably one of the few pure "skopes" I've made (having no intention of skinning it) I notice that this thread is starting to get a wee bit crowded. I don't think anyone would mind overmuch if some of you decided to branch off your own threads here in the Hexing boards.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Is he shorter? And a larger head?  :huh:

I need to clean my inbox again...dammit...

Tomato

Basically I went through and thinned out the body a bit using the skininstance... here's a comparison shot.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Tomato on November 12, 2009, 10:06:27 PM
Basically I went through and thinned out the body a bit using the skininstance... here's a comparison shot.

Oh wow - can you send him my way for my massive Teen Titans update?

Podmark

You can adjust the body throught the skininstance?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on November 12, 2009, 11:10:54 PM
You can adjust the body throught the skininstance?

Yeah... basically you can click on skindata, go into the options under "Bone list" and adjust only the part of the mesh on that particular bone. here are a few examples of what I'm talking about and how to play with it.

The main issue is that it won't tell you which bones are which, but it's generally in the same order as the niskininstance list(excluding usually the scene root and handle nodes).

Podmark

Thanks. This might be very useful. If I ever do say a Superboy skin and want him teen sized but still have some muscle on him this might be the way to go.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Blkcasanova247

I do love learnin' new stuff...thanks 'Mato! :thumbup: :D
Hey Area34...I was playing around with your awesome Doom skope and added a lil' somethin'...I hope ya don't mind. ;)

Spoiler

Gun and keys

Tomato

huh... see, now I feel bad, because I figured this trick a year or so ago. Didn't know I was the only one.

area34

That's awesome. Did you send it to Court? It'd be good to have his Final Doom with your additions.

Blkcasanova247

Not yet but I will. There's just one or two "small" things I wanna add that'll put him over the top. ;) Did you ever think about using the VX monk "skirt" instead of the Hogan one? It might eliminate the clipping but it'll take a little work.

area34

Most of Doom's animations I used keep him in a standing upright position(the clipping isn't really an issue unless he squats). I made sure that the animations he used were iron-man by way of Dr Strange so I didn't have many skirt clipping poses but I can see how adding gun animations can add a couple of poses that would clip.
If you have a better way then by all means feel free to go for it, we all want the best Doom possible and with that new skin by Court....

Blkcasanova247

With the gun keys I added it only clips in the hover_ranged...otherwise it looks good mostly. I'll toss some things around tonight when I get home from work and see how it looks....but as it stands it's still really cool as is. ;) I'll send you and C6 somethin' later. :thumbup:

cascarudo

great skopes and very usefull tips, now a new villan of spiderman`s pages "raptor"

laughing paradox

Nice job on Raptor, Casc... I like what you did on his biceps, skin-wise.

Doctor Doom seems to be turning into a big group effort.. I like it!

murs47

Blkcasanova247

Podmark

lol I can't believe someone did Raptor already (or at all). Nice job.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

area34

Yeah- I was surprised by Raptor too. Wasn't he killed by Kaine at the end of the story?

As for DOOM!, I'm glad that the more experienced people are improving my skope. DOOM! deserves the best skope possible- he is one of the big bad's of Marvel and it always surprised me that he never had a dedicated mesh.

herodad1

area 34, your doom skope is awsome my friend!funny how now, everyones showing interest.doom was taboo and off limits before.certain characters shouldnt be singled out as off limits.you either make it or say your not and step aside and let creativity flow!if another doom's being skoped cool.it'll be just another version.your hard effort is appreciated.dont sell your work short by any means area 34.keep doing what you do!...fulfilling my requests!HA! :lol:

Podmark

Quote from: area34 on November 16, 2009, 05:31:35 PM
Yeah- I was surprised by Raptor too. Wasn't he killed by Kaine at the end of the story?

Presumably. They showed him being killed, but not dead. I think they left that distinction there just in case they want to use him again.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Golden Goose

"Today will be yesterday tomorrow when it comes" - The Hollies

style

Watch out now! THE CHAMP IS BACK! :P

Thor!

Thor Lord Of Asgard!

The Ultimate Fan!

Blkcasanova247

Oh...the Champ is back. Nice ones there Mr. Style...especially that LOA!