News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cascarudo

area34

laughing paradox- Yeah, I'm trying to keep it an all in one but I'm having issues with the alpha on the head. I have them all working with ears now so the head doesn't look as bad with the no hair wigs but I would like to fix the problem so I can give it a bit more variety.

area34

DOOM-

I've had a request for him. It's still a WIP. Not for release just something for the requestee. I'm having floating issues with the neck ropes. Any suggestion for what should be used instead?
Skin is a Kittbash of Courts.

Blkcasanova247

Good job. I had started one on a VX mesh a little while back but never completed it. Maybe you might wanna change the "domes" on his elbows, knees and the cape medalions to flat discs just for accuracy.
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

detourne_me

He's looking great man! Knew you could put together a good one yourself!
Have you tried Tommyboy's or Yellow Lantern's Shazam meshes for cape ropes?

area34

BLK- I was using the domes since I knew they wouldn't float... I will try using some disks later and see how they work.

DM- Thanks for the suggestion, That will be the first thing I will change when I have time.

herodad1

area 34, dude...i love it!i actually like the domes on his elbows.the genius that doom is,i think he'd make something like that from a reality stand point than the disc thing.more stream lined!nice belt too.

area34

Well... when I get time I'm going to experiment with it. I'm trying to get it to look like a classic DOOM!. I haven't decided about adding a holster on his hip though...

BTW DM - I hope it's ok that I'm taking bits from your Unfinished VXIron Man keyframes (did you ever finish the skope?) since I'm not skilled with keyframes and yours has perfect poses for DOOM!

herodad1

if your going for the full classic look you could skope gren's nighthawks jet pack on doom back.

area34

This is where I'm at with DOOM! I switched up the dome/disks. Have a neck tie that doesn't float (Slight clipping issue with the left disk but I think just because his default stance is an angle). I have his keyframes complete.

Oh- and the skin is Courts DOOM! head with a court base- All the objects and details by me (which I'm still doing so don't look at the legs, eh). The tunic is right now a Murs Overkill recolor. I haven't started on the gauntlets yet.

Any more skope suggestions?

herodad1

Johnny Patches

nice area 34..
did you remove the NiSkinInstance from the domes?
it does have alot to do with floating
and attatch to Bip01 Spine1, makes a difference about clipping issues
been there done that lol ;)

Podmark

I'd shrink the knee disks, they look too big. He's coming along quite well.

However, I just want to remind you of Tommy and Renegades rules on skoping. I don't know which parts you're using so you could be perfectly fine, but just thought I'd give a reminder. Tommy's rules are in the permissions thread, and Renegades was that essentially he didn't want a character he was planning to do (ie Doom) skoped using his parts.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

area34

Hands and legs done. I even added fake discs to the ankles since real one don't seem to stick well.

about the skope - I know he can't be released because I'm using Ren's belt and cape. Right now I'm just making something I consider good. If some one wants it that's great but I didn't plan on releasing this one to the masses (I too want a Ren original). If someone wants to take it and swap out the Ren bits and make it release able then more power to em. Otherwise I think I'm done with it unless someone has any other suggestions... Like should I include the holster or a better way to do the cape/kilt whatever?

Podmark

It should be easy to find an alternate cape and belt if you really did want to release it.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

area34

Yeah. My only concern is the kilt... It's off Hogun.

Podmark

Quote from: area34 on November 06, 2009, 05:03:59 AM
Yeah. My only concern is the kilt... It's off Hogun.

Who made the Hogun mesh?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

area34

murs47

that's pretty kick butt. if you want to keep my overkill piece on it, feel free.

Podmark

Quote from: area34 on November 06, 2009, 05:14:34 AM
It came from-
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Grenadiermeshes6/files/

Well permission wise thats fine then. Gren gave the go ahead. As for how it looks, I think it looks fine.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

area34

Murs- Oh- Sweet- Thanks now I just need Court to Ok the head and it would be good to go as is... skin wise...
I just need to cape and belt change to make it legal skope wise.

- Has anyone come up with a way to fix the alphas on the VXHavok-Classic? I'll start on hair if I know there is hope for the All-in-one.

detourne_me

What's wrong wityh your alphas on it?  my mesh mashup of vx havok works perfectly.

area34

When the to two alpha enabled object overlap they both become invisible. I also noticed that unless the refl and glow's are blank that the object's effects appear and are semi transparent where the alpha'd object would be.

If that doesn't make sense I can remote home and post a pic..
edited to add this sense it's easier to show

and to below- The problem with bulking up the mesh and or even changing him to a no mouth is that it causes the keyframes to clip in the chest area. I prefer the least amount of clipping in movement over the better looking pose.

Xenolith

It looks really neat.  The only suggestion I have is to but it on a thicker mesh.  Something that would looks more bulky.  It really is quite good the way it is.

cascarudo

first awesome skopes like usually this is a character i just discover is the last creation of mcfarlane his name is "the haunt" i just love the design the skope is not big deal but the skin took me hell of a job so i apologise in advance if you think this reply don t belong here.Is in the Male_Fullmask_TM awesome mesh tomato really great thanks for it and all the others.

herodad1

spooky cas.would have made a good halloween preview.keep up the excellent work!

ghazkul

Perfect base for a symbiote!! Lol, Toxin and Anti-Venom have a new home I think :P

murs47

Nice Casc, wasn't expecting Haunt to be made so quickly. :thumbup:

Epimethee

Great work, guys! I particularly enjoyed your Kevin Matchstick, Area34.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

area34

Ok the one on the left is fully releasable skope. The skin however... I'm waiting to see what Court says. The one on the right I still prefer (and even re-skinned the cape again).

I'm not sure the etiquette as to what to call the skope. I know from the archives that calling something VXyadda yadda has caused problems. I was thinking DOOM_VXSkope34 or something so it delineates that it's not a true VX but a VX based skope.

Epimethee- Thanks, I've always loved that series. I just wish he would finish the trilogy.