Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on July 17, 2009, 05:17:14 PM
fusion also asked for no preview pics, i'm just trying to look out for the guy

Never heard about that. I'll have to update the list.

People please let me know about corrections needed in the list either by PM or in the list thread.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bevo

YE OLDE Frost Giants. On male_titan mesh

still workin on them a lil bit, any advice most welcome.

style

The Ultimate Fan!

bevo

I almost forgot Ymir on same mesh he looks better with snow fx going. Again any suggestions or anyone wants to skin these let me know.

bevo

Thanks style. My main problem is the half skull helmet I dug around inside bearded's zombie mesh and ripped the skull from that.The problem is it has no UV. Any way to make a UV set for it? Aside from 3dsmax?

bearded

i think i've still got that max.  if i wire and map it, and export it by itself can you use it?

bevo

Courtnall6

Sweet looking Ymir and Frost Giants bevo :thumbup:
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

bearded

i'm having the worst trouble.  i opened up the skull and tried to smooth it out a bit, and it won't smooth for some reason.  i've frozen all the poly's and i don't know how to unfreeze them.  i'll keep working on it.
edit:  i got it to smooth out some, less blocky now.
any mesh requests for skoping?  like, would pointy teeth on the skull be cool?

AfghanAnt

I was going to do those guys but you really did a great job on the skins. I'm not sure why you'd want someone to reskin them.

laughing paradox

Quote from: AfghanAnt on July 28, 2009, 04:35:39 PM
I was going to do those guys but you really did a great job on the skins. I'm not sure why you'd want someone to reskin them.

I have to second this sentiment. His skinning is really good. Great skopes!

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: AfghanAnt on July 28, 2009, 04:35:39 PM

Probably because he had to kittbash for a few of the pieces for them to act as place holders. I think you'll recognize your Ares helm skin there. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Xenolith

frost giants!  ymir!  man, this is seriously awesome!

bevo

Skining these was easy just a blue googleplex and c6 face slapped together, with some tattoos I got off the internet. Great detective work Kato. Yup the helmet and the weapons I did not skin. Although I did stick a runic symbol on the helmet soo....

I would love for someone else to skin these make em official. Can only make them better.

bevo

Seriously I can not begin to capture the depth in a skin that LP, AA or c6 can do. I would love to see these done by real talent. These skins are just for effect. I post this stuff here so that one of you will skin it. :)

style

Quote from: bevo on July 28, 2009, 10:14:13 PM...I post this stuff here so that one of you will skin it. :)

Don't we all! ^_^
The Ultimate Fan!

Jakew

Quote from: bevo on July 19, 2009, 05:02:32 AM
WIP Did not turn out as cool as I had hoped but better than nothing. Fat around neck distorts in flight, but I guess slither doesn't fly anyhow.

:thumbup: Never thought I'd see that character in FF. Nice!

daglob

I don't know how fancy I'm going to get with George here, but I've got a problem. When I copy some pieces into the mesh, they are no longer oriented on X, Y, and Z. What they seem to be is using some other alphabet ientirely, and don't even seem to be at right angles to each other. Is there a way to avoid this? The rotation axies are also messed up when this happens: P and R become the same axis. When I copy Tommy's antenna Ears into the mesh, they appear 'way off to one side, and moving the antenna close to he main figure moves it down below the "ground", and moving it "up" moves it at an odd angle further toward the left as you view the screen.

The first few pieces in this scope popped in close to where I wanted them... a little rotation, and little nudge, and it was in place. Then the antenna...

I've had this happen before, and just worked with it. This one is so far off, I thought I'd ask if there was a way to correct it.

Also, I "hooked" the pieces to the neck of the figure, since I didn't want them to move with the head, but the faceplate still moves slightly. Is there a better way to do that?

bevo

Daglob I am sure you already know I can't tell from the pic. I seem to have a lot of luck by removing the nifskininstance from objects. Sioux city dynamo has taken over slither I hope he can fix the problems I was having.

Gremlin

OH MY GOD THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY! :D

daglob

Quote from: bevo on July 30, 2009, 03:24:28 PM
Daglob I am sure you already know I can't tell from the pic. I seem to have a lot of luck by removing the nifskininstance from objects. Sioux city dynamo has taken over slither I hope he can fix the problems I was having.

I've removed the nifskinistance. But that beggars the question: is it best to remove it before or after you copy it?

Zivon23

bevo

yeah before.Don't remove the branch. Just plain remove. Least that works for me.

bevo

giants up at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bevosrekitbash/ if anyone is interested at improving upon them. Keyframes could certainly use an overhaul. I tried to transfer desak melee and some others but no luck.

detourne_me

ooh, i'll take a look at the giants.  what's wrong with the keyframes?

bevo

They only have basic swing animation. It would be nice if they had actually had animations that used weapons. Maybe different walk. By all means detourne feel free to get creative with em. :thumbup:

detourne_me

Cool.  I'd love to take a look,   I'll be busy for the next month though...

Crosspost from requests thread:

here she is. took me a bit, since i'm going on a 3 week trip tomorrow, and moving the day i get back.  so rl is a bitr busy
ren's liberty belle + ink's rogue_iceman + tommyboy disc, animations are ink/vertex/ips
skin's kitbashed so not for release.  let me know if you want the skope.

bevo

Very cool Invisible girl. You are gonna have to post somewhere how heck you manage to use male kf.  :huh:

cmdrkoenig67

Bevo,

I also noticed both the Talisman and Box Skoped meshes have no read me files giving credit to the meshers that created the meshes the Skopes were made from.

Best.

Dana

bevo

"Bevo claps fingers around the back of his head and assumes the position." -Yeah your right. I thought that was taken care of in the skin readmes, but I see now that it is not.
        Frankly I never intended for my yahoo group to be this public. It was just a place to stick stuff for friends and people interested in skinning and releasing the stuff themselves. I will rectify the situation.  <_<