News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

VPMAX in 2017!

Started by crimsonquill, December 23, 2008, 01:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

That goes for me too, CQ!  I'm really happy to hear that VPMAX is still moving.  I know what you mean, though.  I meant to have Marvel Adventures finished about five or six months ago.  Life gets in the way. :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

cmdrkoenig67

I won't even comment on my own mods...HA-HA!

Dana :wacko:

Icefox

Why can't i get these to show up in ffx 3.3 but they show up in the regular game just fine?  *Edit* Maybe it has to do with the 3.3 update that was posted but all links are dead ( I couldn't even copy a vp form this install as new in ffx 3,3)  and seems like this whole everything FF is just dead
Umm yea something goes here right...
[img]http://hiei4.homestead.com/files/icefox500.gif[/img]

stumpy

Does it require merging the normal FF DAT files with the FFX DAT files?
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Icefox

Had nothing to do with merging dats.. I swear this game has been giving me the oddest issues.  After re-installing the voice packs it still would not show up under ffx until I moved the entire game out of my program files into my external hard drive. That would be fine and dandy until the ffx edit program wouldn't save unless I ran the program as an administrator. Well that wouldn't work because  the ffx edit program locked the install/custom direcotry path back in my program files so I was unable to edit any heroes  :doh:. After that fixed itself magically my game now crashes unless I have a copy with the proper path names still in my C:Program file location.  :banghead: So in order to get it working I have to have to copies of the game. One in my program files and one in my external hd where the voices show up.  I also copied the entire game back over (with the voices working) back into my program file location and bam, would not show up again.  :thumbdown:

Tomato

Actually, that sounds more like a windows issue than a FF one... Windows (specifically 7/vista) gets real finicky about anything installed in the "C:\Program Files" folder... It adds layers of security to that folder that makes many games glitchy or downright unplayable. You're better off installing all games into a different folder, like "C:\Program" or some-such.

So yeah, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling either to your portable drive or to another folder.

Icefox

I did, for some reason tho the ffx edit program would not save unless I had it in that location. I figured it had something to do with windows 7 (makes me hate windows even more) Now if I could just figure out why my game won't run (in a separate location) unless I have another copy still in my c:\Program file location then I'll be good . Fyi, it has nothing to do with the target location from the shortcut, changed that already.

Tomato

because your registry still says it's in program files. Hit the home button, type "regedit" and search for "freedom force." (if you've never used it before, CTRL+F opens the search window, then just hit F3 to find each successive place for it) Change anything that says "C:\Program Files\Freedom Force" to "New Directory\Freedom Force"

You can either do that, or just save a copy of the full folder (with FFX) somewhere else, uninstall everything, reinstall it to wherever, and then overwrite the folder with the one you copied. FFX just needs FF to be there to install originally, IIRC.

deano_ue

i'm doing a complete fresh install and is the links in the start of the thread the latest version or is there another

hoss20

I believe those links are still good. CQ also has a site that has a page for VPMAX, located here: http://crimsonquill.wordpress.com/mpmax-mod/

It also contains the download links.

deano_ue

cheers hoss now i just have to work out what way this bugger installs lol

crimsonquill

Good grief, I really need to update my site. I totally forgot about even adding my last few skopes in the last few years.  :banghead:

Progress is coming along with VPMAX v2 but at a snail crawl speed lately since I had some PC issues which forced me to shift everything to a new laptop. Plus I finally started picking up my drawing pad and pencils again to tackle adapting an old story I wrote back in 2004 into a manga/toonish format just to dust off my art skills and see if I could actually make a comic series all on my own. (Maybe I'll make a post in the art area of the forum to show off what sketches I have been working on).

Thanks to everyone who enjoys using VPMAX. :)

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

BentonGrey

Hey CQ, I'm really glad to hear that you're still working on VPMAX!  The voicepack creators are the unsung heroes of FR! :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

crimsonquill

Looks like I'm finally back in the voice pack making mode again..

After the passing of my mother last year and various technical problems which kept derailing my progress before I got back up to speed, I've got all my tools and files back in order again.

Today I started messing with collecting Penance from Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and checking which other characters had enough quotes to build voice packs from.

Hosting of VPMAX might take some time since I'm trying to find a stable online host which isn't easy to come by with a zero budget.  :banghead:

- CQ

spydermann93

Quote from: crimsonquill on January 10, 2014, 02:01:50 PM
Looks like I'm finally back in the voice pack making mode again..

After the passing of my mother last year and various technical problems which kept derailing my progress before I got back up to speed, I've got all my tools and files back in order again.

Today I started messing with collecting Penance from Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and checking which other characters had enough quotes to build voice packs from.

Hosting of VPMAX might take some time since I'm trying to find a stable online host which isn't easy to come by with a zero budget. :banghead:

- CQ

Perhaps Mediafire will work?

You can host 11gbs, for free, if I remember correctly.  I currently use it for Total War mod backups, each being about 2-4 gigs on average, and I've had no issue with them being removed after a while or anything like that.

crimsonquill

SON OF A...$%#^%$&!  :banghead:

Well, I was making good progress with VPMAX 2.0 and my new packs until my hard drive died on me last week. Go figure that I finally make a post right at the beginning of this year that I was back on track.. and then POOF!.. back to square one.  :thumbdown:

There is some good news however.. I've been working on a web page for my art projects and dedicated an area on the site to hold my skopes and VPMAX updates in the near future. Should be a huge help in finding what I am working on and where to download my work. This is the link: http://shadesofadream2002.wix.com/crimsonquillprod (NOTE: It's still under construction.. so a lot of the areas there are still incomplete as of this posting).

- CQ

BentonGrey

Ohh no!  That's terrible, CQ!  Is there any chance that it can be salvaged?
God Bless

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 03, 2014, 04:57:46 PM
Ohh no!  That's terrible, CQ!  Is there any chance that it can be salvaged?

Unfortunity I lost everything I had been working on.. heck, I was even forced to download my own voicepacks from my own thread here just so I can use them to rebuild my FFvsT3R setup and get everything back up to make voicepacks again.  :banghead:

Thankfully, I found my game discs and the tools I had been using saved on a backup minidrive so I should be back into sampling voices very shortly. Should take awhile to get back the amount of WIP packs that I had before the crash.

- CQ

BentonGrey

I don't know if this is an option for you, CQ, but I found Carbonite Backup to be a real lifesaver during my last hard drive death.

I hate that you lost so much man.  I'm really sorry. :(
God Bless

BentonGrey

Hey CQ, just a heads up, but your speech.txt has your Iron Man packs as iron_man, while the folder is actually ironman.
God Bless

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 09, 2014, 12:21:49 AM
Hey CQ, just a heads up, but your speech.txt has your Iron Man packs as iron_man, while the folder is actually ironman.

:doh: Dóh!!!!!!! Another thing to add to my fixes for VPMAX 2.0.

- CQ

Arachobia

I hope I am not annoying people with my incessant troubleshooting queries  :P

I downloaded the VPMAX from the links at the start of the forum and followed the instructions. The voices are currently in the Data/Sounds/Speech/English folder and then they are each in their own folder, and they can be played as normal on media player or VLC. In addition, the extra attributes are also available for seleciton in game.

However, none of the extra voices are selectable in game: they just aren't present in the drop-down menu.

I am not sure where I went wrong. Does anybody have any ideas what may be wrong?

Thanks

crimsonquill

Quote from: Arachobia on August 12, 2014, 04:18:49 PM
I am not sure where I went wrong. Does anybody have any ideas what may be wrong?

The most common reason why they don't show up in game is making sure you merge the Dat files.. because you need not only the sounds.dat but the objects.dat merged because FFvT3R needs both to recognize the new voices in the Template area in FFEdit. If they are not showing up as selectable then check the Template area in FFEdit. If you don't see a bunch of "Voice of.." entries there then try merging the Objects Dat again.

I'm working on making a self-install version for future updates but since I use a laptop with Windows 7 and all of the file tweaking they have done in Windows 8 I'm running into a problem making it universally workable. I might need help from one of the more experienced FF members who knows their way around self-installers and has both Windows 7 & Windows 8 to make sure it doesn't cause more harm then good while installing.

I'm still hard at work on sampling from several sources and hopefully will get an update done fairly soon this Fall.

- CQ

Arachobia

I managed to fix it  :D. I re-copied the very last sounds and object files, and that seems to have now fixed it. Thanks

detourne_me

I'm really happy you're working on a version CQ! I was never really able to fully install the first version, but I'll be patient for a self-installer

I've got Win 8, but I haven't got any experience making software though...sorry

dknight95

Hi Guys,
Ok necro posting here, did VPMAX 2.0 ever make it online? or did it end up in the internet ether  :(
I cannot seem to find it anywhere...

Thanks for info!
Be well, God bless, Be at peace, and may the forces of evil become lost and confused on the way to your home! - George Carlin

crimsonquill

Quote from: dknight95 on May 08, 2016, 05:19:00 AM
Ok necro posting here, did VPMAX 2.0 ever make it online? or did it end up in the internet ether  :(
I cannot seem to find it anywhere...

VPMAX 2.0 was put on the backburner after life intruded into my sampling and coding plans. Right now it's moving at a snails pace with my free time being a very rare thing to find.

Plus the old web space that VPMAX was hosted at was removed by being sold off to another company even my Yahoo Group space will be short lived probably by the end of 2016 (Rumors of Yahoo Groups being shut down).

I'll keep you in the loop.

- CQ

daglob

What does the directory tree look like for the installation?

It's been years since I tried this, and I can see that I've tried it before (lots of old .dat files in odd places). So where should they all go? In my installation of FFv3R I didn't have a Speech folder. I created one and put the voices in it. The voices show up in the list, but hey don't work.

Suggestions?

crimsonquill

I'm BACK!!!!!!!  :thumbup:

After being away too long while dealing with my Dad's battle with cancer and other personal reasons which kept dragging me away from my LONG OVERDUE VPMAX updates and helping BentonGrey with packs for his Marvel Adventures MOD.

I'm setting up a new file host on Dropbox to hold all skopes and VPMAX files now that my Yahoo Group is so overwelmed with bad spam and being unreliable as heck from day to day.

- CQ

WyldFyre

Great to see you back CQ! You don't need to bring goodies, just glad to hear from you.
For Freedom!