Started by MJB, December 23, 2008, 06:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

I'm ringing the bell for SickAlice!
Man has that dude been on a roll!
So many releases lately!
Great job!

Bloodshadow

Ringing the bell for Sick Alice also, He's given us some awesome new meshes to play with :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

I can't believe I've never seen this thread before, great concept.

I'll add to the list of guys ringing the bell for SickAlice, but I've got to ring it for Daglob as well, he is a lean, mean skinning machine!  :thumbup:

John Jr.

Ring a ding for Sick Alice, Windblown, Daglob and Grenadier, for their incredible gifts to the community in the last weeks. And to Cyber Burn, for all his efforts to keep our "history" alive, sharing a lot of older content.
Take a bow, gentlemen.

spydermann93

Quote from: John Jr. on September 29, 2014, 11:11:37 PM
Ring a ding for Sick Alice, Windblown, Daglob and Grenadier, for their incredible gifts to the community in the last weeks. And to Cyber Burn, for all his efforts to keep our "history" alive, sharing a lot of older content.
Take a bow, gentlemen.

HEAR, HEAR!!

Also, a big thanks to Cyber and Sioux City Dynamo for helping folks get their own avatars.  Seriously, thank you guys so much!

MikeB7

Ring of the bell for everybody on this board today.  It took over my life for years and was tremendously influential and helpful.  It's heartwarming and encouraging to see this place live on.

MJB

Glitch Girl

Thirded.  I love this little oasis on the internet.  Y'all have helped  me get through some tough times.  Thank you.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

SickAlice

Thank you. And a ring back out to anyone and everyone else. Any content I can provide is only an extension of what's been provided for me and what I've been taught by others to do. And equally just for this and everyone being here and how it's helped fill a void on my own side of the world.

SickAlice

Ring for everyone again. I come back so much now and you all give me so much in turn. Just by being cool really. I'm struggling with a lot and can say this feels like coming home to family on a holiday but more so when I was a child and they we're still living. Also as far as internet is concerned. There are other nice places to be online and I firmly think any social network can be pleasing if managed right, but this forum just lacks the disrespect found in many others. Even when debates break out they don't cross that nasty line and everyone here seems to practice an elegance. I love actually bragging about the people here. Thank you all for being totally awesome and more for being so talented and inspirational. Every one of you brings some kind of great yet modest skill to the table and everyone, and this is what's inspirational, has a knack for challenging themselves and adapting to learning new things. It puts a smile on my face when I see someone who was confused about something and more maybe saying they "couldn't" in less than a years time doing it like it's second nature, that and how kindly everyone lifts another up as opposed to place that say " Google it " to noobs. Yeah I could rant a page away on this. Freedom Force Forever!

spydermann93

Right back at ya, SA :D

Always glad to see you around and I hope that whatever struggles you're going through don't last much longer. If you ever need an ear to listen, I'm only a pm away :)

docdelorean88

Quote from: SickAlice on May 25, 2017, 04:47:21 PM
Ring for everyone again. I come back so much now and you all give me so much in turn. Just by being cool really. I'm struggling with a lot and can say this feels like coming home to family on a holiday but more so when I was a child and they we're still living. Also as far as internet is concerned. There are other nice places to be online and I firmly think any social network can be pleasing if managed right, but this forum just lacks the disrespect found in many others. Even when debates break out they don't cross that nasty line and everyone here seems to practice an elegance. I love actually bragging about the people here. Thank you all for being totally awesome and more for being so talented and inspirational. Every one of you brings some kind of great yet modest skill to the table and everyone, and this is what's inspirational, has a knack for challenging themselves and adapting to learning new things. It puts a smile on my face when I see someone who was confused about something and more maybe saying they "couldn't" in less than a years time doing it like it's second nature, that and how kindly everyone lifts another up as opposed to place that say " Google it " to noobs. Yeah I could rant a page away on this. Freedom Force Forever!
Piggy Backing on Sick Alice here, serious RING for the community. It is filled with some of the kindest people i have ever known. I was made to feel welcome here a long long time ago, and watch in awe as new people still trickle in, and are accepted just the same. Thanks guys, really, just thank you all so much.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

MorrisCarpenter

it as really cheerful to see you all guys that have kept this platform still alive since day one.

SickAlice

Ringing for daglob today, in all sincerity the guy is dealing with a heap himself yet still manages to rise above it for both his family and to put his heart into this community for the communities sake. Hardship is telling but more what better version of themselves a person seeks while enduring it. Here, here.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Thank you, but these days we all have trials and tribulations to confront. Ring that bell for ALL of us.

SickAlice

Nah you get a special one for you and for this place. Everyone has it bad but some have it worse. Like everyone is going through choppy water but some are in a boat with an outboard motor and some are in a canoe. Like currently I'm doing well, healthwise, financially and coping with quarantine and I never got infected. Likewise I've had C before on the tailbone. I know what you're dealing with and you're attitude here shows a lot of strength of character, one might call it heroic. Add in spite of whatever you're dealing with you always find time to come on this forum and spread positive ways to generate interest and energy into this community and the game. So the gold star is yours today friend.

daglob

Is this where we mention birthdays? Because our own Bearded One is sheltering in place in his Lair on this special day.  :yipee

SuperPoweredYank

Ringing for Abenavides. He's been doing a lot of great work lately, which was just what I needed to get back into FF! :thumbup:

Also, thanks for keeping the site up for all these years. As someone who grew up playing this game, it means a lot.

BentonGrey

Seconded!  Alex has really been doing great stuff!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

OrWolvie1

Hello all.
       Some of you know me, some of you don't. I have been mainly silent throughout these past several months, dealing with rl issues of all sorts during these trying times of ours and I wish to ring the bell for all of you who have been going through your own trials and tribulations, coping or trying to cope with the insane state of things either where you are or to someone you know. We are indeed a community of diverse people from all walks of life, from all over the world, who all share a love for this game and sharing our various contributions for others to enjoy and in a lot of cases, learn from, paving the way for future fans to enjoy as we all have. I tip my glass to each and every one of you for all that you have done, large and small to make this place what it is. My thoughts are and have been with each and every one of you in these trying times, wishing all of you the best, wherever you may be.

OrWolvie

BentonGrey

Well said, Or!  Hear hear!  :thumbup: :thumbup:
God Bless

abenavides

Thanks for the mention (er... bell ring) guys!

And OR, great post and here's a ring for everyone out there in the FF community, past and present.
May better days lie ahead.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Panther_Gunn

I'm going to throw out a big RING for Stumpy, for harassing whoever he needed to get the board back online again.

HUZZAH!   :thumbup:
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Epimethee

It's back! Hurrah! Thank you, guys!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

spydermann93

stumpy

That was more of an adventure than I thought it was going to be. Every roadblock seemed to have 20 things to try before hitting the correct approach.  :banghead:

But, we are up again, on a new host, running a current version PHP and our forum software is the latest edition (which wasn't possible on the old host).  :thumbup:

I appreciate everyone's patience for the long delay in getting us back up. There may still be a little tweaking to do. But, I think we are pretty much fully functional as we head toward 2021.  :D

For Freedom!!!
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

BentonGrey

Hoooray!  I'm so glad FR is back!  I've missed it (and all of y'all!) so very.  Of COURSE things took longer than they should have.  How could 2020 have been otherwise.  Thanks to you, Stumpy, and GG, for staying with it and getting it done!
God Bless

docdelorean88

Quote from: stumpy on December 21, 2020, 01:55:14 AM
That was more of an adventure than I thought it was going to be. Every roadblock seemed to have 20 things to try before hitting the correct approach.  :banghead:

But, we are up again, on a new host, running a current version PHP and our forum software is the latest edition (which wasn't possible on the old host).  :thumbup:

I appreciate everyone's patience for the long delay in getting us back up. There may still be a little tweaking to do. But, I think we are pretty much fully functional as we head toward 2021.  :D

For Freedom!!!

BELL RING INDEED! Thank you guys for your dedication to keeping this community up and running!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Nyte Dragon

I'm not usually the most serious of people, but I want to take a moment of seriousness right now.

A well deserved RING of the bell to Daglob!

He has helped me by finding alot of the Avatar skins and meshes of folks that are no longer on the boards. Alot of them were folks I used to communicate with on a daily basis until situations occurred that I wasn't able to anymore. And now, after finding my way back, this has been (So far) the only touchstone to former friends that I have.

I know I have said it in PMs, but I wanted to give you a public acknowledgement for all of your help. As sappy as it may sound, you have no idea how much something as simple as getting to look at something like that has helped me through recent hard times. And this is with Daglob facing his own hard road he is journeying on.

Thank you sir!
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who