News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Ring the Bell Part Trois

Started by MJB, December 23, 2008, 06:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB

Night Dragon wrote...

Long before the Big Wipe, Zapow started a thread called 'Ring the Bell'. He got the idea from the sign you see in Long John Silver's which reads 'If we did well, Ring the bell'. 

The purpose of the thread is if someone did something nice, or appricated, you gave them a 'ring of the bell' to show everyone what a spiffy person they are.

Panther_Gunn

I feel that it is only right that the first new ring of the bell be for our forum's overlord & master, Randy.  Not only does he do all of the hard work around here, but he was all over this like DMB on a stack of waffles smothered in beer, and got things taken care of *before* there was a problem.  I'm sure we all remember the pains of the last crashes/reboots, but this went about as smooth as anyone could ask for.  Factor that in with the fact that I'm a rather cranky individual & have never been one for frivolous congratulations & glad-handing, I think this is one well deserved

RING-A-DING!!!
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

The Phantom Eyebrow

I also would join in the bell-ringing on Randy's behalf for all his sterling work, but i fear my fingers have been smashed in an unfortunate Sharkman-related incident. 

PhantomALT

I'm a long goner, but I miss this place.
Life can carry you the way you never expected.

So I ring the bell ONCE. For everyone here.
For being yourself, and still be here.

bearded

i want to say thank you to all the Titans who have kept this place alive for so many years.  and to the mods, and admins who helped keep it running and safe.
also, to all the contributors, and to all the friends i have made here.
after so long, so many years, i can't imagine a world without all of you ppl.

Champion 2 of 11

AfghanAnt

I think there are certain Titans who know I am eternally in their debt for keeping this place alive as well as hosting my work when I was a poor college student. I just wanted to publicly say "Thank you".

tommyboy

Here's to everyone, Titans, Admins, Mods and members who made the place what it was and gave us a sort of home for the Freedom force community for so long.
It's been appreciated.
*ding*

BentonGrey

Amen!  Thank y'all so much for everything you have done and continue to do.  This place has meant the world to me.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

style

Thank you all for giving me a place to feel happy coming to for NINE YEARS!!!!!! ;)
The Ultimate Fan!

Blkcasanova247

Thanks to the good folks who've kept this thing going...Thanks to all the doubters, haters and trouble-makers who've come and gone...cause we're still here. Thanks to my fellow Titans that I haven't always agreed with but always respected! This is a strong community with good people...I'm most thankfull for that. RING THAT BELL!!! :thumbup:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

deano_ue

DONG

you know what i guys think of you

*bows head*

Alaric

Just wanted to give huge ring of the bell for the entire community, just for existing, and for the moderators, administrators, and Titans for everything they've done. I'm not all that active here these days, but I still think this is the single best on-line community I've ever seen.
Fear the "A"!!!

The Phantom Eyebrow

A big Ring-a-ding ding for the admins, mods and titans that have kept this place ticking over all this time.  Some of the things you've had to put up with...  /shakes head/

And another ring of the bell for the rest of you, just for being you!   :D

(Honestly that last bit was meant with earnestness...)

WyldFyre

Ring-a-Ding Ding to all those who keep this site alive and going. And to all the people who post their ideas opinions and artwork. While I may not have been the most vocal over the years, I have enjoyed it all.  Hope to see many more years out of you all.

Salute!
For Freedom!

GogglesPizanno

Gremlin

Rings for everyone who's contributed to this forum over the years, whether it's with top-notch creative talent or being awesome members of the community.

MikeB7

I also want to ring the bell and thank everyone here.  I haven't been active for a long time, but still come here and browse threads every day.  And when I needed friends recently with the "Show off your pets" thread, the immediate and numerous responses helped me more than I expected.  This is an awesome community of people and I'm so very thankful to have been a part of it.

Lionheart

Thanks to the mods, Admins, Titans, and the entire FR community. You've given me (and my little girl) years of fun with all the meshes, skins, FX, maps, and mods the creative minds at Freedom Reborn have cooked up.

Please don't let it die because of the recent events. We're still here and still enjoying FF. This is a great community.

crimsonquill

*KLANG*

Sorry, I think using a sledgehammer to ring it was a bad idea... *rubs his ears*..

I would like to thank all of the people who have keep FR running and the community at large for becoming part of my online family. There are many of you who I consider close friends even thou I only talk with them here in PMs and the threads.

While a storm is showing rough waters ahead... I'm sure that we can ride thru it and emerge on the other side to pull things back together. Hopefully it's just a brief thunderhead and not a gigantic hurricane..

This is a great community and has helped me over the many years I have been here... plus encouraged me to add to it in my own way.

- CQ

"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Sledgehammer

Quote from: crimsonquill on March 07, 2009, 03:31:40 AM
*KLANG*

Sorry, I think using a sledgehammer to ring it was a bad idea... *rubs his ears*..

What's wrong with the sledgehammer, huh? I like it, anyway...   :P

Anyway, *KLANG* to all of you. Thanks to every contributor during these wonderful years: those who skinned, those who meshed, those who mapped, those who voiced their opinions, those who just came by to say hello. Even those like myself, who weren't so skilled and creative and had to polish their sound editing techniques in order to give a little something in return for this amazing community. All of you made this a fantastic place to be a part of.

I also think we will pass this turmoil, and happier times will come. I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you for many, many more years. And at Freedom Reborn, that is!  :D

Positive attitude, now and always...

Podmark

A ring to everyone who has made this place a worthwhile place to be and hopefully will continue to be.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Epimethee

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site and helps keep it enjoyable. Even with the occasional bad apples, flame wars, virus plagues and lawyer invasions, it's still an amazing community. I hope we can keep it alive.

Cheers!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

The Hitman

For everyone who makes this place great, this one's for you!!

*Ding!*

Spam

Just wanna ring for everybody. All of you people are awesome. =)

*ding*
Mmmmmmm... Donuts...

Thanatoros

I apologize for having to circumvent a couple of things to do this but, I felt it was somewhat necessary.

*BONG*

I am ringing the bell for all of you here. The last day or so I have been looking over the place with fond memories and some not so fond.

It was here that began my online gaming life, well not quite here but this is the first place that I put blood, sweat, and tears into along with the rest of the Titans. I had to turn my back on it for a long long time and I have to say I don't regret doing that but I do regret losing contact with quite a few of you.

This group had my back on more than a few occasions and then life dealt a blow which really changed my entire life. During that change I came to realize that this long standing community may be dysfunctional at times but it is a family and the things you all have done here are quite simply, amazing.

While I can't post under my original name, it's cool, I just wanted to say thank you to all of those people who have kept the doors open here and especially to all of those that gave me a kindness that I can never ever repay.

So I ring the bell for you guys and I also apologize to those that were caught in the backwash of my life's tailspin. There was no excuse for my anger and resentment towards a few people here and for that I certainly am sorry.

Keep up the great work people.

(BTW, a special thanks to Tomato. Amazing job!)

See you all again someday.

Regards...

Thanatoros...aka Hellscorp the Reborn.

Tawodi Osdi

*click, click, click*

I think my clapper is broke, but I would like to give a ring to all those guys who patiently deal with dumb questions from newbies while maintaining a friendly attitude.

vamp

Thank you Stumpy for the work around!

*DING*

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

stumpy

Thanks, guys. But the bell really gets a well-deserved ring for randyripoff for dealing with the signature problem in a far more substantial way. Thanks, Randy! :thumbup:
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg