• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

NifSkope Questions

Started by AfghanAnt, August 11, 2007, 05:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

1. How do I make somethin Alpha-enabled?

2. If I am adding a buckle to a torso, how do I make it attach to the body? I tried several different nodes and it flies around. I've also tried deleting the NifInstance and still no go.

Mystik

this is for alphas

right click on NiTriShape > node > attach property > niAlphaProperty

click on the new niAlphaProperty, and click flags

everything should be as follows:

Enable Blending - Checked

Source Blend Mode - Src Alpha

Destination Blend Mode - Inv Src Alpha

Enable Testing - Checked

Alpha Test Function - Greater

Alpha Test Threshold - 125

Sort Triangles - Unchecked

AfghanAnt

Awesome that did the trick!

detourne_me

Quote from: AfghanAnt on August 11, 2007, 05:43:09 PM

2. If I am adding a buckle to a torso, how do I make it attach to the body? I tried several different nodes and it flies around. I've also tried deleting the NifInstance and still no go.

this is pretty tricky.  what i've found from working with Tommyboy's meshes, is that i would need to first open up the nifinstance,  and look at the nodes it's attached too.
then delete the nifskininstance (while its still in the original mesh)  and the paste it over on the new mesh,  in the appropriate parent node  i.e. bip01 spine1 for a chest plate.  but again  this doesn't solve all the problems (as you've seen with Thor)

AfghanAnt

It worked! Oh boy! Thanks DM!

Revenant

Quote from: detourne_me on August 13, 2007, 11:13:50 PM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on August 11, 2007, 05:43:09 PM

this is pretty tricky.  what i've found from working with Tommyboy's meshes, is that i would need to first open up the nifinstance,  and look at the nodes it's attached too.
then delete the nifskininstance (while its still in the original mesh)  and the paste it over on the new mesh,  in the appropriate parent node  i.e. bip01 spine1 for a chest plate.  but again  this doesn't solve all the problems (as you've seen with Thor)

Wait... so this might be a way to solve the floating pieces issue?  I keep trying hair pieces to a female mesh, and they stay in place in CTool, but in-game they fly all over the plave.  I'll give this a try!

GGiant

Where is the nifinstance and the nifskininstance detourne_me?

P.S how do you delete it?

GGiant

I got the same problem of floating pieces.
Anybody knows how to solve this mess?

Tomato

As I understand it, and I'm running on memory here I'll admit, the skin instance (which you'll want to remove on most hexed pieces regardless) is contained in the mesh's editable mesh. Of course, removing this and attaching it to a bone only helps if:

A. You know the bone you're attaching it to (if you want to become a serious hexer, learn which bone controls what. it's not that hard, and it helps alot)
B. It's not attached to more then one bone (Shoulderpads for instance, depending on where they're placed, could cover up to 3 bones.)

miguelyanke

Quote from: Mystik on August 11, 2007, 06:59:43 PM
this is for alphas

right click on NiTriShape > node > attach property > niAlphaProperty

click on the new niAlphaProperty, and click flags

everything should be as follows:

Enable Blending - Checked

Source Blend Mode - Src Alpha

Destination Blend Mode - Inv Src Alpha

Enable Testing - Checked

Alpha Test Function - Greater

Alpha Test Threshold - 125

Sort Triangles - Unchecked

LOVE U!!!!! Mystik!!!! TT_TT XD!!!!! AT LEAST!!!!! T_T I've been mixing the differents meshes from the same character and i 've ever been watching that white lines !!! BUT!!! AT LEAST!!! T_T THANK YOU VERY SO MUCH!!!

About the flying pieces... i don't know what are you talking about...(and hope not to need to know)...but i had write it down... who knows... ^.~